How the Night Elf Story could have progressed without malicious writing

Gnomes need Gnomeregan, 15 years old.
Forsaken - Year.
Black spear - no problem at all, they killed the Witch in the starting chain of the Cataclysm.
Gilneas - 10 years old.

Anything else?

Well yes it is!!! In what world are you living??? Why wouldn’t we repair the one that waited for a repair for way more time???

In what world do you consider unfair repairing the one that was broken and had less for nearly all the game instead of repairing the one that had more ( or still have more) until recently???

So your point is that because those race had cr*p for to long they should just get forgot in the detriment of the night elf? I mean that is basically what you are saying.

Losing everytime they dare to enter the spotlight is good? :open_mouth:

But it’s only devastating defeats, tragedy and humiliation like Tyrande in 9.1 where she just loses to Sylvanas after a 3 year build up in the final confrontation. Now she sleeps until whatever patch she loses her powers in.

We don’t really know that, there was just a meeting there but the zone is generally neutral.

Not really, because their resolutions have been:

• Not getting the zones back
  • Having their souls obliterated
  • Tyrande losing to Sylvanas in the final confrontation
    and lastly:
  • Sylvanas getting a redemption after all that

Aside from those things they just got ignored.

1 Like

So let’s discuss the queue. Gnomes, worgen, night elves?

No, I’m figuring out the queue.

Let’s talk about the orcs. We will tell their stories of fighting grones, ogres, botany, with each other … Then a meteorite will fall on them and we will not know anything about them. Then they will have a city (in a prepatch), by the end a meteorite will fall again. End story. Okay?

You still forget Darkspear, panda and forsaken who would go before night elf.

1 Like

Forsaken - Year.
Trolls - took revenge on all their offenders, have they not?

I don’t know anything about pandaren, they don’t sing about them on the forum.

1 Like

Many things your claiming are assumptions based off the very first build from the ptr.

Teldrassil obviously can’t be reclaimed, but they have already confirmed yo have Darkshore back…Ashenvale is TBD, but they still regained Teldrassil.

And literally everyone except a few trolls were sent to the maw and are having their souls obliterated so you keep saying that but it isn’t unique to them. We do have quests saving them. At least five I think I did in Ardenweald. All the notable characters and then some.

And once again, Tyrande getting obliterated by Sylvanas is an assumption. There is a cinematic we are missing…and odds are she puts up quite a fight, enough to be able to push them off. Which is something considering Sylvanas is OP- and there is nothing saying she will be out of the story for a while now. Or that this is the final confrontation. Again, assumptions of yours to try and make it seem worse than it is.

And the redemption…really? Please show me evidence of any kind of “redemption”

As for it all being negative spotlight…well. if you don’t like it thats you. Valsharah and Suramar expanded their history and neither of those were losses. Then in BfA they have the loss of Teldrassil, but they still have their home in Kalimdor outside that. And they have a focus on an ancient ritual of their goddess which is very interesting imo. Losing their home is not unique to them, and they are having current ongoing stories unlike others.

Add that to having so far good presence in shadowlands. I wouldn’t call saving so many nighr elf souls bad. Or trying to save tyrandw bad or tyrande seemingly single handedly saving Ardenweakd bad.

4 Likes

Same as night elf except that forsaken also lost their leader and didn’t retrieve any zone. The night elf already had one thing back. It forsaken time now.

You are really saying that gaining one super small island put them in a better state than night elf??? The troll fan are waiting for a proper jungle troll capital city since Vanilla and still didn’t got it get in line. Also the night elf did get Darkshore even more recently. So once again its troll time.

I don’t care about those few fan of that race that i don’t like so let skip them!!!’’. Panda are playable and do have fan. They are way before night elf in line.

1 Like

It was also confirmed that Tyrande took the night elves to hyjal when they distance themselves from the alliance after the armistice was signed, so hyjal is their territory as well.

3 Likes

The Forsaken blew up their zone on their own, and even then not all. At least on the second point, you have an advantage.
Sylvanas is a year, Undercity is three. The problem with Sylvanas, according to you, should be resolved soon.

Well, swim in the direction of the Maelstrom and raise it from the bottom, since there are enough artifacts in the world. Or welcome to Zul’Gurub!

So can you tell me about them? Eight years anyway, but the seriousness and repairs are unknown. Something else was fixed there.

1 Like

But that’s one out of three former zones, and Night Elf PCs can’t even go there everytime.

But it is unique to them that it happened to practically their entire population.

Well, Tyrande sleeps for the rest of the patch, and 9.1 is also the patch where Sylvanas gets her redemption.

It’s a confirmation in an interview from the lead story guy

No Night Elf fans liked it, how would anyone like losing 2 out of 3 zones, close to every Kaldorei, having those souls obliterated and tortured and then the one responsible defeat your Night Warrior and get a redemption.

Teldrassil was their home, and we don’t know if Hyjal is inhabitable, or if it is even in their control alone. We also have no source of Night Elves living there now, we only know of the confrontation.

Ongoing stories that have nearly diminished everything they once had, and 9.1 concludes this by… making Tyrande lose and then sleep and lose her powers somewhere later this expansion. The ongoing stories that obliterated their souls in the maw, and gave the one responsible a free pass.

We only saved around a tenth of those that died in Teldrassil alone though.

We failed to save Ardenweald despite Tyrande’s arrival. Sylvanas defeats her in her last chance to get justice and now she sleeps as Sylvanas gets her free genocide pass.

What was the point of copy pasting two identical threads in different forums?

I can’t stand the writing for BFA or Shadowlands, and I think the team’s treatment of particular races has been god awful, but this is getting a bit out of hand, Ethriel.

When you accept the fact that Blizzard’s writing will never be up to your standards or meet your desires/expectations, and that they aren’t going to listen to story feedback, you’ll start enjoying the game more and more. I promise.

2 Likes

Your just repeating things that obviously are not true and are entirely assumptions based off the ptr, so i will be dropping out.

5 Likes

By the way, what about the draenei? The Legion has been killed, and all that remains is to repair your ship and take revenge on the orcs?

And the orcs … They mostly take revenge on themselves, aren’t they? Avenge the humans (and the Forsaken) for the camps, the night elves for Grommash … all?

Human. They took revenge on the orcs with camps. To the trolls - by war. They are silent about the killed general, the night elves are not avenged for the general. The Forsaken - to avenge Garithos, reclaim their lands. One offense.

Dwarves. I don’t know anything, enlighten me?

Gnomes. Gnomeregan. Everything? One problem. They don’t like goblins anyway?

Night elfs. Orcs for Cenarius. For Ashenvale, Ashenvale again, Teldrassil, Azshara, Darkshore, Population. Seven grievances, two problems.

Draenei. I do not understand well. Repair the Exodar (Or has it already been repaired? What kind of ship did the blood elves shoot down?). Get revenge on the orcs for genocide. Perhaps - one problem, they “do not want” to take revenge and collect payment from the orcs and blood elves.

Worgen. Rebuild Gilneas. Revenge on the Forsaken. All Horde - for the Howling Oak. Two grievances, one problem.

Orcs. Humans and Forsaken for the camps. The blood elves … they didn’t sponsor the camps, did they just want to kill them all? Night Elves for attacking Ashenvale. They refused Draenor. Three offenses.

Black spear. To humans, blood elves, dwarves (?), Gnomes (?) For … do Troll wars count? Night Elves for attacking Ashenvale. Three revenge, two in doubt, Zul’Gurub to occupy, one problem.

Forsaken. To take revenge on all living beings for the fact of their life. Get revenge on Sylvanas. Clear the Undercity. Two grievances, one problem.

Tauren. Camp Taurajo. One offense?

Blood elves. To the night elves, for exile. People - for Garithos. Whether to count the orcs, they won, they wanted to kill, but people prevented. Silvermoon City. Two grievances, one problem.

The Pandaren … Has it all been fixed or not?

Specify.

As I read the OP, I am thinking:

“Hm. Pretty calm and reasoned post from the NEFPA Prime so far…”

And then I hit :

Oi vey.

Weren’t there one or two concerning darkshore alone? And it still wasn’t enough.

5 Likes

The first video, with an orc buried alive, seemed to be well received.

Year (?) The second video hung in the category “datamines”. It seems that it is still not very high-quality recognized, something with the models? Besides, he was seen in the game, it seems, only after the siege of Orgrimmar? And there were questions “it was not you who won, we left ourselves.”

How are the night elves any different now then say the draenei, gnomes, blood/high/void elves?

Heck, even the humans/orcs have been batter to the point orcs now live in one city and a few towns and humans are down to 3 1/2 cities(most of Stromgarde is manned by Stormwind forces).

I’d also point out alot of night elves still survived. This whole “we are on the brink of extinction” narrative has been used by Blizzard usually with little to any major consequences.

Oh for the love of the elements, Blizzard has show consistently they end up repairing their damaged(remember the Park District?) sooner or later. I expect they will not keep the Forsaken/Night Elves(yes, I full expect if one gets a new capital so will the other) in an expansion or two(much to the chagrin of say the gnomes and Worgens).

1 Like

It’s very obvious when the night elf story could’ve been fixed so easily, but they made sure to leave every detail as terrible as possible.

No ? Especially not when it comes to the Night Elves, when has their damage ever been repaired? They always double down on it instead as much as they can, for example glorifying the whole thing with the Sylvanas redemption soon
There’s no way in hell that the night elves would get a new home or even Ashenvale back, zero chance with writers of this kind.