How the layer-exploit suspensions will go down

Once again, trolls without arguments resort to insults.

Let me help you:
“we’re working on deploying some additional controls to further restrain layering from being exploitable”

does not mean

“Layer hopping is an exploit.”

And WE’RE the ones who need to learn how to read!

I think Hydra was onto something, esp since you all but admit to abusing this yourself over the last several days on posts here.

I hope your kitty elf gets rolled back to the stoneage.

1 Like

Just ignore them, i proved these same people wrong and they were so humiliated they resorted to personal attacks.

Oh and the ultimate layer denial troll arrives. I am surprised you took so long to spit out your vial troll responses to layering. Nothing but troll.

Anytime you want to admit that you were wrong about layering feel free to do so and get a little honor back. Until then… no interest in you.

And because we (Classic community) demand equal treatment, that goes for Ohshikson too. Until you admit you were wrong and gain back a little honor, no interest in you either, although I do still admire your grammar and punctuation.

Blizzard already stated that this is an exploit and they are looking into it. Given that it was officially categorized as an exploit, people that keep abusing it should be punished in a way or another. I don’t know if it will happen (i.e. remove items gained through the exploit and so on), but yes, it is happening and it is right in our faces (streamers).

Clearly.

“Further restrain” means it was already restrained from being exploitable, and they’re taking extra measures to ensure it isn’t.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that layer hopping is exploiting. No activity was particularly called out as exploiting. Rather, Blizzard said they would be taking further steps to ensure it wasn’t.

If you want to get technical, Blizzard called it “use of layers” not “exploitation of layers.”

The problem is perhaps not that you cannot comprehend what you are reading, but that you’ve come to an illogical conclusion based on what you’ve read.

You saw the word “exploitable” and misconstrued that to mean “what I personally dislike is considered exploiting.”

Looks like you either can’t or haven’t read what I’ve said at all.

You can check my post history and notice, over the past few days, I’ve consistently said I haven’t used layering in this manner, and have openly expressed discontent with layering and layer hopping.

Rolled back for what, exactly? Haha.

Did they really ban people for using a spell? What was their reasoning behind that(if any)

Not quite.

There’s more to it that isn’t being mentioned. They used a talent that gave spell power based on damage absorbed to start soloing raid bosses. This was clearly not intended.

Any reasonable person knows that it isn’t intended for you to solo raid bosses.

1 Like

Here is the thing, it was not some convoluted clever use of game mechanics sort of deal like the Kazzak reck bomb or kiting a boss to a town/city. They didn’t kite the mobs from other wings or anything like that. The mobs clearly put a buff up, and the buff could clearly be stolen, even a casual player in a PUG would of seen it.

That incident was 100% on Blizzard and it was wrong to ban them for it. But Blizzard is Blizzard, so they can ban for any or no reason. They could of just revoked the loot and fixed the oversight, but instead chose to ban, such a shame.

EDIT: Would be like if I were the boss of a company and forgot to lock the door at night, got robbed, then fired an employee with the reasoning “Well they should of known.”

Sadly, there are some players who feel they are accomplishing something noteworthy by using any means of getting ahead of everyone else. We’ve seen it over an over.

How about the players that play on the PTR, so they can find out what the "next new and valuable [insert resource here] is, so they can “get ahead” of the general WoW population and amass large amounts of gold?

Those kind of people disappoint me, and I feel sorry for them.

But that same mentality exists outside of WoW (IRL) and it’s just as shame-worthy there, as in the game.

How many of these people would brag about what they’re doing to their priest or mother?

I hope Blizzard will respond in a way that reflects how they really feel about exploiters, whether it’s 3 people, or 300,000.

1 Like

Look I’ll give your troll attempt a solid 6/10.

You’ve done well, but now that the troll is exposed you need to give it a rest.

Once you resort to saying that synonyms have different definitions the troll becomes obsolete.

1 Like

Not quite, because you’re not supposed to rob people.

Layer swapping is intended. In your analogy, the layer hopping situation would be more like leaving the door to a store open because they’re open 24/7, someone keeps walking in and out of the building, and someone who isn’t willing to walk in and out complains that the person who does is getting more goods.

Layer swapping intended for instances also eh ? Part of the game mechanic right?

Oh disappeared after the ban-wave announcements? Funny that. Maybe learn something from this and hopefully it will carry over to your IRL.

Nope. That’s a bug, and it’s been fixed.

You’re the one who disappeared, bud. It’s been 10 days, and I was the last one to make a reply.

Cute that you still think I was abusing any exploits, though. Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not getting suspended or banned, because I’ve not done anything wrong. :slight_smile:

You have been one of the most vocal defenders of layer-exploiters in just about every thread, claiming its not exploiting and rather a clever use of game mechanics and all is good. So go eat crow and at least have the dignity to admit you have been entirely wrong on the topic.

Someone who can’t even admit, in the face of all we know now, isn’t worth debating with ever.

How exactly do you know what they are or are not tracking?

Do you work at blizzard headquarters?

No. I am a data-scientist and work in the industry. It’s common practice and not hard at all to implement, especially for Blizzard. In fact, I would think its assumed.

Incorrect.

I have rightfully stated that layer swapping is not exploiting, because layer swapping isn’t a bug. It is intended.

Please don’t lie. I’ve never once said that.

In fact…

Except I’ve been entirely right.

Not a single person has been banned for using layer swapping. The issue with instances is something totally different, and was a real exploit; a very obvious bug easily replicated and abused to gain an advantage over legitimate players.

Surely you understand the difference between swapping layers to, for example, get some more quest mobs because they’re being camped heavily on one layer but not so heavily on another…

…and literally respawning a boss infinitely to skip past all the trash and prior bosses in a dungeon, allowing you to bypass the 5 dungeons per hour limitation.

Yet you continue to come in here and spew your nonsense in my direction.

You defended players who purposely layer-hop to level and farm. So now you are drawing a line on instance layer-hopping. Got it.

The highlight of all your defenses of layer-hopping, was that Blizzard’s use of the word “exploit” does not mean its an exploit. That was a classic.

Yes, because layer hopping was intended. Nothing that resulted from swapping layers was unintended.

Layers working in INSTANCES, however, was a bug. That was unintended, and EVERY reasonable person knows that it was NOT supposed to work that way.

Incorrect. Please learn to read.

Also, I thought…