How the layer-exploit suspensions will go down

As I said… people resort to insults when they have no actual arguments.

Oh, my bad, I didn’t realize you were so sensitive to being called out for either antisocial or ToS breaking behavior.

Go take a walk, maybe a shower and you’ll feel better.

So, do you have a real argument, or…?

Hmmm. That is interesting. Vested interest in having a lenient exploitation definition perhaps? No. She seems like a nice Night Elf. Couldn’t be.

Ahhh, so antisocial behavior it is! You’re seeking out arguments where there are none to be had. I think you may need some sleep as well if that’s the case.

Here I even went the extra mile to get the blue post for you. Now please, help me understand where in that sentence the word ‘exploitable’ isn’t used?

They could permanently ban every single person who “exploited” layering and I’d be just fine. I’ve been leveling solo, save for the occasional dungeon with my guild for quests.

I’m not even playing a class that would at all benefit from layer hopping. I’m a Druid, not a Mage, if you hadn’t noticed.

Anti-social, as opposed to immediately jumping into a conversation with insults.

Help me understand where I said “exploitable” isn’t used?

Try actually reading what I said, bud.

Here you go champ.

Learn to read.

Exploitable and exploiting mean the same thing. Clearly English isn’t your first language so I’m just going to stop here.

1 Like

Once again, trolls without arguments resort to insults.

Let me help you:
“we’re working on deploying some additional controls to further restrain layering from being exploitable”

does not mean

“Layer hopping is an exploit.”

And WE’RE the ones who need to learn how to read!

I think Hydra was onto something, esp since you all but admit to abusing this yourself over the last several days on posts here.

I hope your kitty elf gets rolled back to the stoneage.

1 Like

Just ignore them, i proved these same people wrong and they were so humiliated they resorted to personal attacks.

Oh and the ultimate layer denial troll arrives. I am surprised you took so long to spit out your vial troll responses to layering. Nothing but troll.

Anytime you want to admit that you were wrong about layering feel free to do so and get a little honor back. Until then… no interest in you.

And because we (Classic community) demand equal treatment, that goes for Ohshikson too. Until you admit you were wrong and gain back a little honor, no interest in you either, although I do still admire your grammar and punctuation.

Blizzard already stated that this is an exploit and they are looking into it. Given that it was officially categorized as an exploit, people that keep abusing it should be punished in a way or another. I don’t know if it will happen (i.e. remove items gained through the exploit and so on), but yes, it is happening and it is right in our faces (streamers).

Clearly.

“Further restrain” means it was already restrained from being exploitable, and they’re taking extra measures to ensure it isn’t.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that layer hopping is exploiting. No activity was particularly called out as exploiting. Rather, Blizzard said they would be taking further steps to ensure it wasn’t.

If you want to get technical, Blizzard called it “use of layers” not “exploitation of layers.”

The problem is perhaps not that you cannot comprehend what you are reading, but that you’ve come to an illogical conclusion based on what you’ve read.

You saw the word “exploitable” and misconstrued that to mean “what I personally dislike is considered exploiting.”

Looks like you either can’t or haven’t read what I’ve said at all.

You can check my post history and notice, over the past few days, I’ve consistently said I haven’t used layering in this manner, and have openly expressed discontent with layering and layer hopping.

Rolled back for what, exactly? Haha.

Did they really ban people for using a spell? What was their reasoning behind that(if any)

Not quite.

There’s more to it that isn’t being mentioned. They used a talent that gave spell power based on damage absorbed to start soloing raid bosses. This was clearly not intended.

Any reasonable person knows that it isn’t intended for you to solo raid bosses.

1 Like

Here is the thing, it was not some convoluted clever use of game mechanics sort of deal like the Kazzak reck bomb or kiting a boss to a town/city. They didn’t kite the mobs from other wings or anything like that. The mobs clearly put a buff up, and the buff could clearly be stolen, even a casual player in a PUG would of seen it.

That incident was 100% on Blizzard and it was wrong to ban them for it. But Blizzard is Blizzard, so they can ban for any or no reason. They could of just revoked the loot and fixed the oversight, but instead chose to ban, such a shame.

EDIT: Would be like if I were the boss of a company and forgot to lock the door at night, got robbed, then fired an employee with the reasoning “Well they should of known.”

Sadly, there are some players who feel they are accomplishing something noteworthy by using any means of getting ahead of everyone else. We’ve seen it over an over.

How about the players that play on the PTR, so they can find out what the "next new and valuable [insert resource here] is, so they can “get ahead” of the general WoW population and amass large amounts of gold?

Those kind of people disappoint me, and I feel sorry for them.

But that same mentality exists outside of WoW (IRL) and it’s just as shame-worthy there, as in the game.

How many of these people would brag about what they’re doing to their priest or mother?

I hope Blizzard will respond in a way that reflects how they really feel about exploiters, whether it’s 3 people, or 300,000.

1 Like