How the layer-exploit suspensions will go down

and you can’t beat reality — Money is real from “cheaters” or not, and your $15 isn’t anything compared to their money.

This is also how the real world works, hate to be the one to break it to you at this stage in your emotional development…

Bro what are you talking about lol…

You’re right, my $15 is nothing. But collectively the $15 of all the people who don’t cheat is something.

1 Like

Yes. Thank you Blizzard Classic Team!

This was a train wreck approaching Classic and I am pleased they responded in time.

Official stance: they acknowledge layering, sanction its use within reason, will add a timer, and the abuses are not as bad as advertised.

Options:

1. Carry on with Classic (my choice)
  2. Quit because of Layering (whether the issue is real or imagined)

Making use of layering is the same as making use of any other in game mechanic, be it the auction house, flight paths, or your Hearthstone.

They put it in the game intentionally for us to use. Not our fault it’s a terrible idea and is awful in every way. I’m going to use it until I’m told otherwise, because the way I see it it’s just another part of the game. Like taking the boat from Menethil Harbor to Auberdine.

1 Like

That’s good to know

Even though we literally saw live on stream APES had HUNDREDS of arane crystals.

1 Like

I suspect APES will get dinged. Not only have they destroyed their server economy, they made a mockery of raid achievements. You can get away with a lot, but you can’t trash the one thing the devs care about most (raids).

1 Like

Yeah. Not gonna happen.

A statement is already being made. Blizzard will not tolerate exploitation for their beloved Classic.

Exploiters will be tracked down easily and either suspensions and/or a wipe of their character will occur.

This is serious. The Classic Team loves this game more than we do. They are not going to allow a few exploiters to hurt Classic. It is not worth the risk either. I mean they are probably raking in $10-30 million per month in subs? Other MMO’s have experienced declines when economies get screwed.

It turns out that layer hopping using this /who technique doesn’t actually work and people have been lying that it is effective. See the latest blue post from blizzard (not a new thread just a post in a thread)

Imagine actually thinking people are going to get banned for layer hopping.

The absolute state of the Classic forums.

1 Like

Well you could start spending the next day layer-hopping using 3rd party addons and farming mats/nodes and see how it works out for you…

I hope you don’t as you seem like a nice Orc.

Uh, not quite.

1 Like

Are you going to ban people who layer hop while questing to avoid overpopulated questing areas? Its the same thing as layer hopping to get extra resource nodes or devilsaur leather and gives you an advantage over every other player.

“we’re working on deploying some additional controls to further restrain layering from being exploitable.”

Uh… Did you read the blue post? Or is this another “definition of is”?

Did you? They didn’t call layer hopping an exploit.

If they did, literally being invited to a group would be considered exploiting, and every single player in Classic would be subject to a ban.

They said, and you quoted it, they’re working on preventing it from being exploitable.

1 Like

Hahaha no one is gonna get punish cry cry cry

1 Like

Sorry, your just too far gone. No point discussing anything with you. You need some serious counseling and help.

This is increasingly looking like the only option if people are allowed to keep these gains. I went out of my way to avoid layer hopping at all because it goes against the principals of the game, meanwhile the scum have just been eating it up