How TBC should be introduced!

Maybe not required, but they are likely encouraged.

You still have your old gear / titles for when titles / tmog get added to the game.

A huge number of long time retail players try to farm literally everything.

If a new server for each xpac is what they go with, they lose one of the most effective hooks this game has in keeping people playing for a long time, which is the sunk-cost fallacy.

Or…? Hear me out… Just release the game normally and anyone who wants to use a B-elf or squid can do so at their own choosing.

You want to start over leveling? Be my guest. The rest of us will roll into TBC at 60, if its even released because as it stands now there still hasnt been an official announcement. Despite what you might have heard; not everyone needs to be completely happy about every choice.

Was also a very underrated talent in WotLK. Was very useful in dungeons.

Here is the ONLY thing I would like them to do for those who are on PvE servers.

If they want to move that character to a PvP server, they are required to level a character of the same race and class from 1 to max level on that server and then they can copy their character from the PvE to the PvP server as they actively leveled all the way as that race and class to get there. So no dodging the stuff they have to go through but also not losing all the progress they had on their character to do it.

Outside of that, this suggestion would have people dump the servers in anger.

Good news! Your server is a sub 2k server!

Here’s Kirtonos Horde (2/3 of the pop) at 6:05 P.M.

https://i.imgur.com/Kzu3iIZ.png

809 players online on Monday at prime time. There’s probably about 400 Alliance online which puts your server at about 1,200 to 1,300 concurrent online players right now.

Nah, I still had some of my level 60 epics when I hit 70 then. Not everything gets replaced. AQ40, Epic PVP, and Naxx gear stay good till the high 60s with some of it lasting till 70.

Kel’thuzad phylactery trinkets probably passive BiS for all or most of TBC against Demons.

150 Attack Power.
85 Spell Damage.

Some of us have lives and don’t really care to start from ground zero. The cool thing about allowing the servers to progress naturally is that you could totally start fresh, if you want to! Pick a new server, and reroll. Hell, why wait?

As someone who has Edgemasters, and a 10k mount from a GDKP, i promise you I could care less about either once they announce TBC realm carry over. This becomes my alt the instance TBC is announced and will be leveled in offtime of my new main, which I have already leveled to 60.

That’s now how server populations work. The total population of my server is over 6k. At peak hours, we have roughly 1500 players online simultaneously between both factions. If our total population was 2k, that number would be roughly 500 players online at peak hours.

What you’ve done is the equivalent of taking a city wide census, and then subtracting everyone who isn’t currently outside their homes. It’s completely ridiculous.

Which is vastly less than the average Vanilla server. There were 143 servers in NA at the end of Vanilla and 7.5 million subscribers worldwide:

https://web.archive.org/web/20061205093406/http://www.blizzard.com/press/061109.shtml

This was long before WoW became extremely popular in China, a good estimate of the subscriber base in NA at that point in time would probably be 2.5 million. There were over 800,000 subs in NA during March of 2005:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1649

Earlier this month, Blizzard announced that WoW had reached over 1.5 million subscribers worldwide, with over 800,000 subscribers in North America alone.

I think the growth was faster in other regions, so a 2.5 million estimate seems appropriate. I also remember reading that NA had 3 million subs during WoTLK. That puts the average number of active subscribers on each server at 17,500 during the end of Vanilla.

Yes, that would mean your server would be likely be more dead than every single Vanilla server.

Just do it like the original TBC. You can move your Classic character over and start right at 60 as if it was 2007 again, or you can reroll fresh which you’d have to do back then for the new races anyway.

1 Like

Vanilla servers capped at 2.5k-3k players; full population servers had roughly 3k total players. At no point during WoW’s existence has a single server ever held 17k+ players. Your math and your research and the insane lines you’re drawing between unrelated points are deeply flawed.

Amazing what can be done if you do research over assuming statistics.

2 Likes

No, they had CONCURRENT caps of 3-3.5k depending on their hardware at the end of Vanilla. You can’t honestly believe anything you type, right?

You really do not know what you’re talking about. You even link a long outdated blue post from BEFORE THE GAME EVEN LAUNCHED, when they were planning on every server having multiple layers.

This is really basic thinking here dude. We KNOW how many servers the game had and we KNOW how many subs the game had. If servers only had a TOTAL of 3k players (not concurrent), then the game would have had less than 1 million subs at the end of Vanilla.

I’m going to try to help you understand how you’re not understanding anything. These are the statistics Jeff Kaplan received from their server engineers back in 2005:

“I’d like to point out that most raiding guilds do Onyxia once a week and they do Molten Core one night a week, so this is different groups that you’re seeing. On a lot of servers, we’ll see 500-700 people in Molten Core at prime-time every night of the week.”

You think there should only be 500 players online, Jeff Kaplan straight up said that MANY SERVERS had that many people in MOLTEN CORE EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK, AND THEY WERE MOSTLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Just in Molten Core, in 2005, that’s not even 2006 when most people really got into raiding. The servers were capped at 3,000-3,500 at the end of Vanilla and had on average about 17,500 active subs on each server, not the 2,000 number you pulled out of thin air.

The server caps were total population caps.

Why does this mean that there were more than 500 players online at once or that server populations were greater than 2k on average?

Wow, it’s exactly what I said it was.

lol dude you got me.

I actually fell for all your posts, unbelievable.

Pretty sure you got yourself.

Just let us classic fans keep our stuff on a handful of pure classic realms THAT DO NOT GET RESET. Tbc players can do their own thing, and that’s fine.