How soon after deleting can I recreate the character

I have several low level (under 10) characters that I am tempted to delete and recreate through the Pandaria remix so I can get them to 70.

Would I be able to use the same name if I delete the old character or is there a lock that would require me to use new names?

1 Like

You can reuse it right away.

1 Like

Last time i deleted a character and remade it. The name was available right away.
Im not sure as I have never looked into it. But I think the name remains connected to
your account for a time.

1 Like

You can do it immediately since they were under lvl 30 and you had the name on the account. If a friend deleted a lvl 30 character with a name you wanted, you’d have to wait 60 days iirc

Right now, idk what’s doing on exactly, but I can restore as many deleted characters as I want lol.

It seems the timer that makes you wait between restoring deleted characters, is broken at the moment.

I think it has to do with whatever Blizzard is doing with Warbands behind the scenes- they said character restore will be down for a while during that time.

I deleted a character last night, she was I think lvl 8 or 10, one of those. I was able to use the name and create another character immediately.

I wasn’t restoring one, I created one though.

I think I saw a note from Blizz that at the moment restoration is borked.

You can re-use the name right away.

Keep in mind that you can’t undelete a character with a name you re-used and still have active until 60 days pass. (Might be 90? Been a while since I tried.)

They did this to avoid people trying to get free renames.

And you’d have to open a ticket to purchase a rename for a deleted character before that time is up, as you can’t do it via the shop.

Pretty sure they got rid of the timer temporarily because they’re disabling character restoration for a while after WW Prepatch launches.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. Seems I have a few more characters to push through remix.

Usually within a few minutes.