How pvp heavy is this realm?

I’m looking for a realm that has balanced horde/alliance and this seems to be it. How much pvp goes on here? or is this mainly RP?

Thanks

not much rp. mainly pvp with some pve

2 Likes

You can’t even join our guild without making the effort to RP. I have RP from the moment I log in until the moment I log out. I know that their are other guilds and people who have similar experiences. I’ve been on other RP servers and this one is my favorite out of them all. Also tinyurlDOTcom/wowsoa is a discord that is for everyone. It’s got RP’ers, PvPe’rs, and RP PvP’ers in it.

3 Likes

as in theres like 20 people who rp in total

1 Like

You have to have a really limited view of things if you truly believe that. Their are plenty who RP. You just haven’t seen them or been around them. I haven’t done much WPvP yet. Just because I haven’t seen alot of WPvP’ers doesn’t mean they don’t exist. You’re also welcome to come to RP Tuesdays put on by SOA if you like too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aye lad. Ya have ta take Qwerty’s opinions with a grain o’ salt. Didn’t he actually claim responsibility fer leadin’ tha realm in a “victory” in gettin’ rid o’ RP or somethin’ crazy like that?

Hahahaaaa!

Fer Ironforge!

Fer Azeroth!

3 Likes

Wtf are you talking about?

You sound like an inquisitor for the Scarlet Crusade. I am pretty sure that’s what he’s talking about.

1 Like

The hard truth of the matter is that people played on ED for the wpvp/pvp, not so much the RP.

CBH rps I suppose, some smaller horde guilds might but I haven’t heard any activity in a very long time aside from small events here and there.

There’s some light-hearted RP here and there but lately the community ehhh everyone is doing their own thing in their discords.

If you want just RP I’d go to Moonguard.

2 Likes

Depends largely on the era of ED. If we’re talking what made ED famous, it was absolutely driven by groups like Kingship of the East and their Horde counterpart, Dreadhorde iirc. The WPVP that earned ED it’s reputation was all RP driven. Guilds had their own wikipedias, each faction had their own campaigns and there were smaller guild arcs and it was all woven together into one big RPPVP canvas. Unfortunately, the fame and reputation that came along with the success of the RPPVP guilds also attracted a ton of off-realmers who didn’t care about the RP and only wanted the WPVP. That was the period that gave rise to the zerg guilds who largely focused on griefing RP events for years. So many of the people and guilds who had made ED famous moved on. As much as I love ED, the very thing that earned it’s reputation (a reputation it still has today), has been little more than a picked clean corpse since…Cata? Maybe even as far back as the end of Wrath. The zerg vultures are still circling and fighting amongst themselves all these years later, but the corpse was picked clean long ago.

If you’re alliance, if you want Horde RP, WrA would be a better fit.

2 Likes

That was a long overdue take on the history of ED. I came here after Cata and have seen nothing of the legends that drew me here in the first place. Given that, I adapted, ignoring the Zerg plague and made due with the RP. It was RP and a great guild (sadly no longer here) that showed me how much fun WPvP COULD be. Alas, WM was sorely needed given the anti-community that zerging has fostered.

ED is my home and there are still plenty of good RP and PvP players willing to just have a little fun.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I have been playing on many RP servers in RP countless games going all the way back to Shadows of Yserbius on TSN/INN and Neverwinter Nights on AOL. From those games and the many MMO’s that I have played in the years that follow this server is one of the best that I have ever seen in all that time.

Good RP servers are not easy to find. The on other servers in WoW do I have seen alot of god moding, lore breaking, and they think that is totally acceptable on said servers when it is definitely not. It may not be special to others but it is special to me and my guildmates. Some of us have even used the pay service to move characters over here.

RP IS on this server and it’s not going anywhere.

Thing is, I was tooling around on my Horde character today in Waking Shores and a supply drop happened…what ensued on the Horde side was quite a lot of complaining that the Horde do not really put up much of a fight in WPvP any longer on this server. Its anecdotal of course but not sure how much actual world pvp happens on ED anymore.

1 Like

Why has no one tried to build guilds again who focus on such RP/WPvP themes/goals like Kingship of the East did?

War Mode was like the last nail in the coffin for many RP/WPvP enthusiasts.

5 Likes

It was for me, so classic is the next best thing to what we used to have. But I dont see people coming to try to make a revival. Pvp gear is really easy to get and weapons arent too bad to obtain either.

WPvP died when they introduced Warmode. My entire wpvp guild quit in BfA due to this change and Blizzard has been very anti-war for a while now and has no desire to cater to a group of people who have pretty much all left WoW already due to the lack of content/care/systems for wpvp. Blizz has made many changes to the game to hurt wpvp like Warmode and Sharding.

WPvP community is pretty much non-existant now due to neglect for too many years. They’ve all moved on to different games that provide what they’re looking for (Like Albion or Black Desert)

1 Like

Albion???

It’s a popular sandbox mmo that is centered around wpvp. Only reason I dont play it is because its not 3rd person… I just cant feel immersed in Isometric games.

Yeah ive heard of it. I agree its a great game. One time i tried to get my guild to play it with me but they just couldnt understand the mechanics or something i dont know. Maybe it was a skill problem or maybe it wasnt their taste, im not really sure.