How not to build a gaming pc

We could beat this horse all day long I guess…don’t report me to PETA for saying that. Critical theory destroys anything it touches…that’s its purpose. Any good thing can be abused and used as weapon.

Ahhhh “People Eating Tasty Animals” … if I recall correctly, they were sued and had peta(dot)org taken away from them. The site described itself as “a resource for those who enjoy eating meat, wearing fur and leather, hunting, and the fruits of scientific research” :wink:

1 Like

Hahahahahahaha, wahhh holy scrub

Used to watch Kyle back in the day, but these days his videos are more memes than tech related.

1 Like

Their business model is to entertain first, not to educate. I have no clue how some people can watch some of these 20 minute + videos of them saying “um” or playing with their hair.

1 Like

Are you telling me you don’t like wifey sauce?

How dare you

2 Likes

This is why I generally watch Hardware Unboxed and Gamers Nexus - it’s something to listen to and they usually publish them in article format on their respective websites. I then will compare them with arstechnica, tomshardware, TPU, etc. etc. to see if I can elliminate bias (lookin at you, HUB).

Sure they all do a lot of content that isn’t published in text, but the major releases they have them.

I don’t want their opinions, I just can look at the data and make my own. Kind of like when despite the 30-40% gains in favor of the 8700k, HUB told users to get a 1600, I was like nah i’m good.

Kitguru is great too because of their frametime graph. I like that.

GN took a shot at HU the other day when he said in his video he would test with both the AMD 3950x and “fastest cpu for every appropriate test”. I do enjoy both their web sites more then their videos, I just wish GN would post more of their reviews via web site print.

1 Like

HUB is class leading in graph presentation, though. It’s easy to read, not cluttered (this time i’m lookin at YOU, GN) and concise and to the point.

I also dislike the articles with multiple images in a slideshow. It’s not intuitive to browse and I hate it. HUB/Techspot one-ups them on presentation IMO as it’s linear and easy to just scroll through.

Video presentation-wise, HUB is just good. They don’t have wife/dog/car gimmicks, and they talk about the tech and are actually one of the more respectful youtube reviewers out there. They do look at interesting topics that I like, and despite their obvious AMD bias, they are probably my favorite to watch. Steve Walton is a lot easier to listen to than Steve Burke, and their videos don’t just go on and on about minutiae that aren’t that relevant to most people.

1 Like

I try to read all the reviews. Digital Foundry, PCgamer, techpowerup, toms, techspot, techreport, anandtech, guru3d. I think they all bring something interesting to the table but I don’t consider one to be the be all end all of reviews.

That’s the thing, you really can’t, if you want to get the truth. Always gotta ask yourself who’s doing the asking, who’s doing the answering, and who’s doing the bankrolling.

People miss things, a good reviewer will own up to it. We’re only human at the end of the day, good reason to watch several reviews.