How Much Hit Do Troll Hunters Really Need?

I have looked at tons of different posts and it seems there is really no clear answer on how much +5 Bow Skill effects hit chance for trolls. Some people say it brings the hit needed down to 6%, some posts say it only gives 1% and some say it gives none.
Please guys help me get this info cleared up right away.

From

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Weapon_skill

The base chance for your attack to miss the mob:

• If the difference between the mob’s Defense Skill and your Weapon Skill is less than or equal to 10 then the formula for calculating your base miss chance against that mob is: 5% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%
  • If the difference between the mob’s Defense Skill and your Weapon Skill is greater than 10 , then the formula for calculating your base miss chance against that mob is: 6% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%

A level 63 mob, which is what a raid boss is, should have a defense skill of 315. Trolls have a base bow skill of 305 with their racial if I’m not mistaken.

So pretty sure with 305 weapon skill you’d have a base 6% miss chance. But there’s always a 1% miss chance even at hit cap and your first 1% hit is ignored (or so I’ve heard). So I think that effectively makes it 7%.

Also, keep in mind that not every ranged weapon is a bow. So it’s a good idea to have hit gear for 9% if you want to use a different weapon type.

Edit:
Apparently the 1% miss minimum thing only applies to spells. So 6%.

6%

10 char

Had 9% for months and don’t miss.

Yeah idk. Like I said I heard that. Can’t confirm.

That’s for spells.

Ahh ok. That’s what I’m thinking of then.

so i’m going to try and do 6 and see what happens. i still don’t really know if it’s 7 6 or 9

The hit chance needed against raid bosses is 9%. If you have 305 weapon skill, the hit chance needed is reduced to 6%.