How much gold do you have?

Im trying to gauge how im doing financially

Im lvl 23 and i have 6 gold. Is that good,bad,average

What lvl and gold are you at?

I hope this isn’t a tabboo subject

1 Like

A little over 100. I made the corpse run early to stv and sold many many summons to the booty bay flight path to people at 25 silver each.

As for your gold total, you’re about right if you aren’t doing anything to make extra gold.

10 Likes

I’m at 17g after buying my lvl 32 skills.

Another guy I play with is at 80g at lvl 35. He has been skinning since the beginning though and just vendoring the leather.

Since I learned about his gold, I’ve also started skinning…

10g after buying my mount and skills

4 Likes

70 Gold

So glad I didn’t have to actually buy my mount. Wouldn’t have gotten it till level 50 probably.

Like 34g. Nothing out of the ordinary play wise. Mostly avoid the AH. Skipped a few skills I don’t need.

1 Like

Only 27g, but im planning on spending a couple levels grinding out mobs I can skin for greys/leather

My level ten is rocking about 10 silver. I need about 58 more so I can farm a white kitten then fly to Booty Bay and list it on neutral AH.

5 Likes

Not much. I just dinged 20 and have about 3 gold.

Later on I’m going to grind a hyacinth macaw. I’ve sold them for thousands of gold before, but those were on established servers with lots of gold in the economy. I’m not sure how much they would go for early on.

I have 10 gold now but I have about 10g out there in auction bids that’ll turn nice profits if I win. I’ve been buying all my skills and leveling engineering/enchanting. I’ve also bought about 20g in BOE blue gear that I’ve equipped.

Doubt I’ll have the funds for my mount at 40. Aspect of the cheetah will have to suffice.

2 Likes

Cora, that’s fine for Level 23. The quest rewards start getting better after a while. Soon, you’re getting 20+ silver per quest, and about the some for vendoring some of the greens. Everything starts to pick up.

I’m on about 38 gold at the moment. This is purely from quests and vendoring stuff - I haven’t sold anything on the AH.

2 Likes

Skinning is worth it if you’re just vendoring everything?

I have 8 gold. Training skills will be the death of me.

1 Like

Grats Dot! I did that run on my level 8 priest the other day. I got eaten a lot, but I used to take my level ten toons into ORG to go fishing as a rite of passage. Corpse runs don’t scare me when the repair bills are low.

1 Like

I can’t stress this tactic enough. At the moment, stuff rarely sells on the AH for much more than the vendor price. Until this changes, IMO it’s better to extract silver/gold from NPC vendors than from each other.

Also, crafting professions are a massive gold sink at the moment. I’ve gone for two gathering professions. Later on, once everything is more settled, I will probably switch one of those professions to a crafting profession.

Edit: About the only crafting profession worth anything at the moment is Tailoring, and primarily because of bags. But I think that demand for bags will start to die down in a week or two.

2 Likes

14… And I’m almost level 40

Maybe I shouldn’t have bought every new skill so I wouldn’t have to do it in the long run :laughing:
Kinda regretting it now, Because I wish I had a mount more and more for every step I take while I auto run and tab out.

1 Like

It is MASSIVELY worth it. I cannot recommend skinning enough. Of course, the hides and leather don’t sell for squat on the AH. But they do sell for okay-ish amounts at a vendor.

It’s the sheer QUANTITY of materials you can gather with skinning, compared to mining and herbalism, that makes it so impressive in the early days of a server.

3 Likes

*Takes a run through Hillsbrad Foothills…

“Why are there so many skinless bears and lions on the ground?”

This this and this. We want to promote the economy not just circulate the current money in the economy.

I’d say it is above average