How many shard attempts did it take for your mount?

I’m currently at about 6.5k attempts according to rarity. Got 7 shards so far.

What shards and what mount?

2 Likes

If you’re talking about the rare, I gave up on trying.

I have yet to see 1 drop on my main. And on my Hunter, I spent 3 and a half hours grinding spiders and still nothing.

I’ll wait for TWW Remix to get it.

1 Like
1 Like

Which mount?

Oh, the one you need 10 random shards for? I’ve gotten 2 randomly. I think killing elites drops them, so killing bees will work towards two mounts.

1 Like

I have one shard so far, but I haven’t been keeping track of how much hunting I’ve done. It’s one of those “I’m not going to bother thinking about it, either I’ll get the shards or I won’t”

(I’m probably not going to tackle the bee farming until the last season of the expansion - elites aren’t really my cup of tea)

I got 2 on day 2 of EA while farming for the bee mount then another 6 while farming for the mount you get from the quest in Azj-Kahet, not really done anything since, not sure how many attempts I’m on it’s over 3k though.

I got 5 in the hour and a half it took me to farm the pollen for the Cinderbee.

Haven’t put anymore effort into it. Will finish it before the expansion is over, but in no rush to just farm it.

1 Like

I think this is going to be one of those things that i farm at the end of the expansion, or maybe even next expansion.

I just don’t care enough to grind anything anymore. For all I know, the shards in my bank will end up being deleted because, “Oops, new system bug. Too bad, so sad.”

Are we calling “things I’ve killed that could possibly drop a shard” as an attempt?

Well rarity does. So yes.

Ah, okay. Had me worried for a moment that the mount wasn’t a guarantee once you managed to get all the shards or something.

The rare drops it at a 100% drop rate. But the 10 shards you actually need to attack the rare is a much lower drop rate.

So I wasted time farming spiders.
I’ll try again once I go for the bee mount. Waiting on a friend to finish leveling so we can farm it together.

Any mob in Dorn has the possibility to drop them. It doesn’t have to be elites. I farm the non-elite spiders in the far north-east.

I don’t farm or collect mounts anymore.

So zero for me.

I hope it drops for you.

1 Like

Do you go to sleep ??

I think I have 3 shards. I didn’t pay much attention since it would be one more mount of 400 that I never use. There are only two mounts left in this game that I do not have that I would love to have:

Mimiron’s Head & Invincible. On for my Gnome Mage who is an Engineer, and one for my Paladin.

Erm. The expac has been out for a little while now. I’ve probably only seriously farmed it for a several hours total during that entire time.