How many of you will actually stop playing retail WoW?

Lol, this ^

+1

This is exactly why threads need to auto lock after a long time period…

I have no need to go back to retail it has zero feeling of a MMORPG and just feels like a PS4 game you just log in and play alone and zero challenge unleas you want to only do Mythic stuff … plus transmog has ruined the cool aspect of getting gear and flying mounts you dont see anyone in the open world… just a boring game over all …

Haven’t played retail since a week before Classic released, and i doubt I ever go back.

I’ve been waiting 10 years to play Classic, and I haven’t enjoyed WoW in a long time, but now I do and have no plans to play anything else.

That’s just me tho, other’s thoughts will vary.

Cheers!

I dont have retail installed. I got the itch to play my mag’har warrior and logged in to the wow armory and realized that was enough. i only wanted to see the awesome transmog. didn’t actually want to play

I’ve not logged into live for about 6 weeks, Ive been playing classic about 3 weeks before that I was playing RUST because wow sucks!

Seeing as I haven’t played retail since Kung-Fu Panda, I’d say I’m one.

I’m still playing retail, I find classic boring (I find retail boring most days, but I’m mythic raiding, so it’s keeping my attention).

I have neither recently played (over a decade) nor do I plan on ever playing retail wow.

So it may as well not exist by my perspective.

1 Like

I stopped playing retail when BFA released. I had a blast in Legion and IMO it was one of the best xpacs. But then BfA came in and all the classes feel terrible. I’d love to see the content, I’ve been waiting for the old god story to develop since cata, but when the classes arnt fun, the game isn’t fun, and no amount of story is going to make up for it.

i have not played Live since they nerfed fire mage in legion and made them completely useless in PVP i will not go back to live so long as Blizzard is standardizing my characters stats in battlegrounds according to my Ilvl. Blizz needs to make some serious changes before i even consider putting my money and time into that game again. Full time classic for this guy so much for all those mounts i grinded out and farmed in retail waste of time to go back as far as im concerned. They turned Retail into a snowflakey garbage train.

Copy and pasted my favorite answer for this thread.

Its starts with utter nonsense about world questing in live WoW being dangerous and exciting. Any fool that believes this will quickly learn its not true within a half hour of logging into live WoW. M+ is a good point in live’s favor. The rest is rambling noise.

1 Like

I already have…

You are talking about leveling. I agree the leveling is snoozefest. I am referring to level 110 to 120 leveling quests… its not as easy as you think. You didnt know becoz you never did it.

Level 110 to 120 is short anyway. At 120 max level, World Quests open and it starts the rep grind. At 60 max level in Classic, theres no World Quest… theres nothing to do other than wait for phase 2. And you think Classic’s rep farming is fun? Timbermaw rep? Cenarion Circles rep? Those are snoozefest rep grinds. I rather have World Quests and Emissaries where i select which i want to do. Theres a reason why i am still leveling in Classic enjoying all its quests and dungeons appropriate to its level becoz i know at max level, theres nothing much to do. Thousand runs to same difficulty dungeons? No thanks. I will just switch to BFA and do M+10.

This… right here… You’re… trolling… right??

Truth hurts, right? Nothing much to do at max level in Classic. Rep farming? Good luck. I was a Vanilla Naxx40 veteran. I hate rep grinds then and i still hate it up to now. Rep grinds in BFA is mild. You dont know it becoz you never played it.

Stopped playing when 8.2 came out, screw blizz and the incessant rep grinds to earn flying.
Grind six reps in 8.1, oh here, 8.2… grind two more reps! Even though you’ve earned flight 5 times already, do it again!
I’m just done, design zones for flight or just get rid of it already.

I don’t care about rep grinds, it’s just… There’s so many of em. Vary content requirements…

And let it be known, im trying to figure out how to balance Retail and Classic…