How many of you Herod people

RP PVP servers tend to have the best World PVP experiences. The RP drives large groups.

That would make way more sense. Adding another PVP server to both PT and ET would help lower times on Herod and Whitemane.

face palm

They aren’t going to add another EST PVP server when people are filing onto the one they just opened.

Add another server because the others are full, sure.

Add another server because people didn’t get their preferred character name, no chance.

What? Every ET PvP server is at “high” or “full”. Same with PT PvP servers. This has nothing to do with names.

1 Like

Then start RPing on your PVP realm?

Absolutely. I intend to. But I don’t know if it will have the World PVP draw that an RP PVP server will have. We won’t have that, and you won’t have us.

And frankly, we’re both losing.

People on Herod that got the name they wanted will not be leaving Herod. Stubborn I think is the word. Enjoy your queues!

Herod isn’t really the problem, there are now five full servers. Blizzard needs to open several new servers.

1 Like

If I thought RP PvP would have the wpvp of one of the non-RP PvP servers, I would go with it. However I am reluctant since I don’t think the dedication to PvP will be the same on an RP server.

Dude, you are actively promoting that non RPers flock to a RPPVP server that does not even exist yet. Do you not at all see how that could be perceived as bad form if not outright trolling?

There was a strawpoll (unofficial of course, but heavily voted on) that had nearly half of those polled that will be playing classic (and we are talking about a LOT of the pserver people taking this poll) do not currently have a subscription. They are not sold on paying 2 weeks of not playing time just to reserve a name.

Blizzard needs to get on the ball, 1 week til the game is scheduled to go live. They need to get 2-3 servers on each NA coast up ahead of this. They may do it as a crunch, but that is only going to hurt them and us in the end.

1 Like

I rolled a character on 3 different servers. One each faction on EST aka CST PvP realms. Also one on Pagle. They are all full right now. I have a feeling the queues will be really really really high on Aug 26. Less than 7 days away. I will create another character on a decent realm which I am sure Blizz will be scrambling realms after release or I just may roll it on RP. :smiley: <3

I don’t know about several. I do believe there will be a drop off in player numbers after release, so I’d hate to see dead realms come from too many options at launch. High should be the population target for all realms.

Not at all. I am gauging the interest of people who are in my situation: wanting an RP PVP but unwilling to connect across the country or play on a server time 2 to 3 hours behind their own.

It’s not trolling if it bothers you. It’s trolling if my aim is to bother you. My aim is to convince Blizzard to open a server to serve a need/want that may or may not exist. If it exists, they should do it. If it doesn’t, I can see them not doing it.

That trolling accusation comes off pretty self-centered.

1 Like

With only 1 RPPVP server, the timezone is irrelevant. Nor is the ping an issue in 2019. If you actually want to roll on a RPPVP server to RP and PVP, Grobby is healthy and accessible.

1 Like

They won’t reroll.

Of course some players are going to quit within a couple months. I do however think blizzard is underestimating the amount of servers it needs. It certainly seems like there aren’t enough at this point. My fear is the layering thing is gonna be really apparent and it’s going to feel like retail. I guess we’ll see.

1 Like

You people keep selling those lines, but I’m not buying. I wager that a lot of other people aren’t either. Your words pose a significant conflict of interest. You’re trying to save your server from taking a population hit. You’re not concerned about players like me and my experience.

They’ve had an RP-PVP server from the onset and it’s still only at medium. No sense in opening a second one and splitting that community.

What they should do is make Grobbulus a unique Central time zone server and move it to Chicago (most ppl rolling there are east coast and central anyways), and then open up another EST PVP server once Stalagg gets some more population.