How many of y'all use TRP3 Extended?

And specifically the bit that lets you create custom quests? I have had an idea percolating for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger yet and was wondering just how many folks actually use the feature.

I see that TRP3 has 4 million downloads, which is substantial, but Extended only has about 800k. Which, once you factor in downloaded but never installed, and downloaded, installed, but never uses the quest feature, and finally not actively playing anymore, well… Yeah.

Anywho, anybody here use it? What has your experience with it been like?

I do, but I’ve found the inventory confusing as opposed to old school GHI. I’ve had maybe three roleplayers give me items in the last year and I can never remember how to use them. I’ve never roleplayed with the quests option. All my roleplaying in the guild is via Discord and Google Docs.

2 Likes

A long time ago I was trolled by a person using TRP3 extended’s custom item creator. Since then, I have never touched another custom item, but I still use TRP3 extended.

3 Likes

That’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. A long time. How I miss it.

I like TRP:3 Extended, it’s a bit odd and sometimes a mess but it’s good. Have you heard of the pretzel plague? It may have only been 1 day but allowed for some cool things with the pretzels.

As for quests, I’ve never used it. I’ve seen too many people make things that mess with others beyond consented stuff, etc. I just don’t feel comfortable with it. Plus, it’s a lot more confusing.

3 Likes

I use TRP3 Extended but primarily for making items that can be traded in the inventory feature. I have yet to dabble in quest making. I’ve heard its a bit complex. As for the other comments in this thread GHI was goat. I loved using its system and miss it.

1 Like

Yeah alright, this all makes sense. I hadn’t even thought about something like the inventory and custom item systems being used maliciously, but of course they have been. Damn!

I haven’t used it for the quest creator yet, but I live and breathe the item creator. Most of my characters have TRP extended items that they’ve gotten from merchants or events. My guild plans to use it again to give out loot and such as rewards/finds for our guild events.

I’d definitely recommend being cautious when accepting any items from random people or picking stuff up from stashes. Like the others have said, even though there’s a lot that is literally for RP flavor - There’s still a handful of people that troll with it unfortunately. :frowning:

2 Likes

i am still trying to figure out how to make emote sentences without using the * button…

/em (or even just /e) typed in the chat window does an emote.

2 Likes

thank you!

Yeah I had wanted to basically make a treasure hunt where each item has a clue to the next one’s location, all across Azeroth. It was something I always thought would be cool, but only if folks would actually engage with it. Oh well.

I use TRPEX, generally to make innocuous items like a plushie of Tirnol’s partner in audio crime companion Sparky the Musicat.

I too have seen trolling, which is why I always make sure that item scripts/effects are disabled on my characters.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed on MG was that it’s hit or miss on just who uses extended or has it even installed. MG Stormwind’s map doesn’t seem to have nearly as many stashes that WRA used to have - But again, some people use it to troll.

I wouldn’t be too disheartened, that sounds like a really cool idea and would honestly get me using the map scan/other community items again XD

1 Like

Thank you, that is encouraging at the very least. Just wanted to do something to give back to my server home that was also a fun in character adventure for other RPers.

1 Like

A very noble cause and drive for sure! If you ever end up doing it, I’ll be sure to keep an eye out and let my guildies know. We have plenty of adventurers that would have a blast with it.

1 Like

I use Extended. You can create custom items, have a custom inventory, etc. Didn’t know about the quest bit.

1 Like

I love Extended, And as much as I like the item creation and player cache system i crave something more for landmark and environmental tagging.

A lot of the interaction with this gal in particular is leaving caches for the curious to delve into, but a time based landmark would make life so much easier.

2 Likes

I use TRP3 Extended all the time, and I have played around a bit with the quest campaign stuff. I actually talk to the guy who made Warcraft RP Extended every now and then. It is something built within the TRP 3 Extended’s Quest Campaign system, and it allows you to have abilities and character sheets and stuff all using TRP3 Extended.

It is an interesting project.

1 Like

I do and have for years.

1 Like

My guild uses it for having our aritfact system for our campaigns on our characters. We never do the quests or any of that stuff.

2 Likes