How long does the server downtime typically take?

I understand that the realms often come up much earlier than blizzard says they will during maintenance, generally speaking. They’re saying this maintenance is going to be 8 hours. What are the odds the realms will pop up sooner than that? And by how much? I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO TODAY. AHHHHHHHH. Thanks.

8 hours?! Gah. Looks like I am going to work today after all.

3 Likes

if stuff goes right we would see it up around 2-4 cst my time

1 Like

Its supposed to end at 3pm (PST) so give or take an hour or 5…down from 20+ back in the day!

2 Likes

You don’t understand, we need a maintenance this long because it will take the interns at LEAST 8 hours to commit those new hair colors

1 Like

Good news, they’re up already, mon.

1 Like

Effin all day if its Blizzard doing it

I’d say none to low.

Judging by your avatar…I’d say you’re a troll.

1 Like

It really depends. Sometimes it goes really smoothly and they come up early. Other times there are issues, they come up later, and/or they have to take them back down again for a critical fix.

What sort of games do you like? There are some very nice free ones out there that are not riddled with MTX in your face. Palia being my current favorite. It is sort of like Stardew Valley (but without pixels). So a village, quest lines, your own land plot, lumbering, mining, farming, fishing, gathering, hunting, etc.

One down side to it is that the building portion for house structures takes real time hours - so 8 hours is 8 real hours. Otherwise a Palia day is 1 hour real time.

Just in case anyone wants to dabble with it during down time. Here is all the info you need and the helpful website tools made by others.

3 Likes

There are rarities that it comes up earlier than anticipated but it’s not often that happens.

They’re usually only down an hour or so, but with patches they can be down several hours, like today. Sometimes, yes, they do come up early and occasionally they extend it.

Guess the jokes on me, I’m already “working”. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

I assume it will be 6pm EST, so 3 hours after I’m done work, I’ll just watch some shows with the wife. I’ll check around 6 and see what’s up, but I am also mentally prepared for it to be longer as that often happens.

1 Like

Idk tbh but I hear people say its bc its old code. There are some older games that still get huge updates that don’t have downtime so who knows bro.

Sorry, off topic. Did they update the MVP forum flourish? That green seems much more vibrant than I remember.

Not that I know of! Then again they never tell me anything before it changes. I tend to find out after the fact. Looks the same to me though.

I did change my mog yesterday to switch out of the xmas outfit and hat into something wintery with a green scarf. White and green may make it look brighter as contrast?

Edit - looking at it I need to switch shoulders so they show up. The blue bends in with the background too much. Hrrrmmm.

1 Like

Typically, if maintenance says it will take 1 hour on a normal day, the realm would come back up within 45mins and sometimes sooner. But given that this is a full pre-patch… and although it says 8 hours down time, you could look at complications and it would go out beyond that minimum 8 hours… I recall once, the realm was down for at least 2 days…

It never got that bad! It would be down for a full day most every Tues, and patch days were super buggy. It might be a couple days before it is smooth again, but I don’t think it was ever totally down for 2 days. It might feel that way though if the realm is nearly unplayable due to issues. Heh.

There are 4 warcraft games up right now. Why not go try one of those. I recommend Season of Discovery.