How long do you think before the next expansion is announce?

As I recall most expansion annoucements were done before the release of the final patch. Does this mean they might announce the next expansion next week or will they buck the trend and announce it long after we have finished with most of the final patch’s content?

1 Like

2023 most likely

You heard it here first, folks. Blizzard will be announcing the new expansion next week.

March probably.

1 Like

I’d say either march or early april.

No, according to insiders at Zerde, they will be announcing the new expansion next week.

1 Like

Don’t really care for announcement date just want to know if they think they can try to fit in wrath classic and 10.0 launch in this year. Cause it’s looking like either could be pushed until at the latest this time next year.

The key point being how long they let naxx last at 166 days before tbcc pre-patch. And if sunwell were to last that long (plus treating phase 3+4 as “one phase” because of pvp season 3) that would place a rough end point at mid November. Right around when 10.0 could launch at the latest.

early fall

I don’t believe they are in position to announce the next expansion just yet. when you make that type of announcement, it’s usually followed by an alpha a few months later. They’ve already confirmed 9.2.5, so I expect a late year announcement, followed by an early 2023 alpha and beta and a possible summer release.

Bro you think people are gonna tolerate 14-15 month 9.2? Absolutely no way

I think it would be sick if they stuck the trailer as a cinematic after the Mythic Jailer kill so that the World First guild stream previews out the trailer for the new game and then Blizz is on standby to do either a stream or post a feature outline video for it.

I think that would be pretty cool and special

1 Like

ah I meant to say we’ll also get 9.3
but I know a lot of people don’t see it happening

It’s not happening. They said 9.2 is the final chapter in the three part story of shadowlands. And 9.2.5 with cross faction play is clearly a pushed forward 10.0 pre-patch change designed to stifle the player loss until next expansion.

I was saying on other areas, that because we hadn’t gotten a 9.1 by like April/May of 2021, that was going to have a severe push back on the entire timeline for an expansion.

Not to mention blizz killed off practically all lore characters they made in the expansion shorts/9.0 launch content. They would just had made another korthia/zereth mortis zone instead of using those bosses like gharmal/devos/mueh’zala/drust/maybe some kyrian proving challenge as raid boss tier before sanctum.

It’ll be announced 4-1-2022, be amazing and we’ll all be happy.

Then we will realize what day it is.

2 Likes

Probably get some tidbits here in about 10 weeks. Why that? It’s when everything is pretty much done with 9.2. A full announcement I’m still saying is at E3.

9.2.5 will prob be mid May. Leaving 6 months for end of xpac, and 1 month for prepatch for 10.0.

They will announce it for late Nov, early Dec 2022. There is no way they go through 2022 without that biannual xpac sales influx.

What if the announcement trailer was made a cinematic easter egg to be discovered in-game?

( nostalgically remembers my 15 minutes of forum-fame in another game years ago )

1 Like

“When they’re ready.” - Mike Ybarra, probably.

Nah.

They prefer their April Fools’ jokes to be out-of-season, don’t forget.

3 or 4 months

I thought this too but you have to consider blizz launches raids/m+/pvp season on the 3rd/4th week of the expansion.

An early December would play that sort of stuff right in the middle of Christmas time off. And not like people will want to wait until January for that content. So you have to push the dates up.

Also you have to consider they don’t want product cannablization and blizz has to stagger out/make space for wrath classic too.