How long did it took for you to get the Tusks of Mannaroth?

I am now attempting to farm this iconic transmog shoulder. And combined with the Mag’har Orc Heritage Set, I can look nearly exactly like Garrosh Hellscream.

I have 5 plate armor wearing toons and 10 chances to get it since the shoulders drop in both Heroic and Mythic difficulty.

So how long did it took for anyone to get it?

1 Like

Change ‘took’ into ‘take’ my friend.

1 Like

I lack plate characters but my Druid is still after the shoulders from Xavius.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=141006/the-first-satyrs-spaulders?bonus=1807:1472

While running it 2x (mythic and heroic) for each of my three plate wearing characters, it took me six months.

In that time, the mount and pets never deigned to drop, either.

Good luck!

:cake:

#boxingischeating
#endmultiboxing

I farmed these for 5 years.

I haven’t bothered, because I think they look terrible on undead.

It’s one of the rarest items in the game so most people don’t have it, I’ve been farming on 8 plate users since they came out and still don’t have it.

About like 4 weeks of farm, then I gave up :rofl:

1 Like

How many plate armor wearing toons you had to do repeat runs in all those 5 years?

Wowhead estimates the drop rate at 3 in 1000. So if your RNG is average you would get them after 334 drops. Let’s say you run 3 plate wearers every week, that would be about 112 weeks or a little over 2 years.

5 plate wearers in my case, and I can level up more

Speaning from experience Most things I’ve farmed have been a little better than Wowhead but not much.

As in your chances of getting them were better then what Wowhead predicts?

I was doing 4 characters.

Remember Wowhead’s drop rates go by reported drops. Take me for example. I don’t have an account on Wowhead so there one not reported.

Yes, they seem to take a little less time than Wowhead predicts. It could be anecdotal or the developers could be slightly increasing the rate over time.

Well 9 attempts this week, nothing.

My final attempt is with an Undead Unholy DK

I only farmed them on this character

And I really only wanted to visit garrosh

1 Like

I ran this (EN) for like a year on 5 chars, gave up recently, but your post has inspired me to try again!

Can’t blame you, Siege is the worst.

Gonna level a lot of axe users for the axe that drops. I just like the aesthetic.