How is Survival after today's (1/10/22) hotfix buffs?

I’d argue that survival hunter is more about the mechanical /trap bomb aspect of the hunter.
Each spec has its own hard focus while also maintaining hints of the others so it remains cohesive.

and guess what hunters have had since day 1: Melee abilities and melee weapons (Granted stat sticks but still)

That said, since wow is pretty much a hard rip off of warhammer fantasy check out the white lions and you’ll see where blizz may have gotten some of their influence from for this melee spec

1 Like

To be quite honest, the prequel’s “class fantasy” doesn’t really matter when there are no classes. The classes in WoW derive some characteristics from the WC3 heroes, but they’re still different things.

Blizzard said in the 2005 Blizzcon that Hunters were loosely inspired by Headhunters, Rangers, and Huntresses from Warcraft 3. To be fair I do think they thought to include Beastmaster there, but aside from that you should go look at what abilities those heroes they listed used. Starfall is one of them, and that went to Druids and not Hunters.

It does not make sense to try to chase what the WC3 hero characters are doing. It especially doesn’t make sense when they’re not even doing it accurately since Survival doesn’t dual-wield, and it especially doesn’t make sense on top of all that when there was already an established and working Survival spec in a class explicitly defined as being a ranged weapon user.

The rest of your post just amounts to repeating “omg rexxar rexxar rexxar” and at this point the argument is too weak to entertain and I’m not up for repeating myself further. Come up with a better justification for melee SV because this one is a flop.

Crying to moderators is so lame :roll_eyes:

If people didn’t talk smack about me in this thread before I had even posted anything maybe I wouldn’t have posted here. But they did do that so I’ll respond.

But SV doesn’t do that. It’s not cohesive.

None of what SV does, which itself is poorly defined, is represented in the class tree. Aside of course from Kill Command, but that’s a borrowing from BM in the first place.

Mechanical/trap aspect of the Hunter, i.e. the utilitarian munitions expert, is actually a good focus from SV. You got that right. That was actually ranged SV’s primary focus before Legion. The problem is it’s at odds with the melee aspect, which itself is an unnecessary inclusion.

Not “but still”. The melee toolkit in classic had a very different and much more limited purpose. If you could fight at range 100% of the time you could, but back then they considered not being able to use ranged weapons up close to be an important limitation of the class, just like how they considered Stealth making you move slower an important limitation of your own class. It’s an entirely different ball game to a Hunter spec not having a ranged weapon.

There are multiple inspirations because the spec doesn’t have one single coherent identity. It’s a lot of different random ideas thrown together with no real underlying plan or vision.

4 Likes

Lmao, sure you wouldn’t have.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with you. More interactions like Tar Trap + Flare really scream Survival Hunter fantasy for me (at least). Also more stings and extra traps would be wonderful imo.

1 Like

When people have to correct spelling, it just means you lost the argument and have to resort to any means. Be better Bepples, this is just sad and desperate.

He does this to try and seem smarter than he really is. All he will end up doing is eventually telling you to stop tone policing and if you beat him into a corner long enough, will call you a forum troll and try to dox you. Just report him for trolling.

he cant

you openly ignore classics sv talents being melee focused. You cant talk about class design for a spec and ignore its roots. Also fyi, melee survival has been around officially as long as its ranged duration. You are most welcome

lol ooop here he goes. You got the little man angry. Hes gonna end up doing what I said hed do. Just wait till he links a youtube video from an uploader nobody knows to prove a point that doesnt exist.

derailing a thread daily is a waste of everyones time since it goes from someone asking a question to you COMPLAINING LIKE A 4 YEAR OLD OVER NOT GETTING CANDY over not getting your way in a game you dont even play from the spec you dont know how to play.

everyone and their mom has head you cry like a teenage girl since legion about a polearm in use. The only thing anyone will ever remember you playing this game is from crying about melee weapons lmfao

you think using a sword makes you a warrior. Thats how unintelligent you are

you didnt like my argument and tried to dox me. Brave soyboy poster there.

Its 2023. 2016 was years ago. Lets not continue this lie for another 12 months ok?

You do it to yourself. This is why the entire community of msv mocks you openly on the hunter discord servers. Just do what I have been telling you for 2 years ago let it go and just grow up already. Imagine not coming here to get clowned on and actually having a discussion that isnt a troll?

4 Likes

this is what happens when you inhale gas from a pump

5 Likes

Bruh, yours and their takes are actually the most juvenile things on the entire wow forums.

Imagine spending your time crying as hard as you guys do instead of just accepting reality, yet believing your “cause” has any merit.

You are straight up memes at this point, and I pity you.

And once again we are off topic. Has anyone given bombadier build a try yet? Seems like fort week would be the week to test it out

4 Likes

yes. It is pretty nice especially since the bomb buff

4 Likes

Just ignore Bepples guys. He lives for the attention he gets from trolling these forums and derailing every thread he comes across. Treat him like he doesn’t even play live and is irrelevant. Because he is. Literally.

Don’t. Feed. The. Troll.

7 Likes

Im just reporting him at this point

4 Likes

Mods please ban people I disagree with. On the forums I should only ever see people I agree with at all times.

2 Likes

Honestly at this point I am surprised why people even bothering arguing with Bep. It is the same posts, talking points you see every single time, yes you don’t like RSV and yes the Sun also rises the difference being I don’t need to make a post every time I see the sun rise.

6 Likes

I have tried the Bomba setup, and it works very well. It actually feels ike we have a burst window with the combo of CA and change to bombs. I went with my raid group on Weds, and I would say the ST damage feels good as well. I run the spear build, and it to felt better, more damage pushing out.

I will be doing M+ today as it was my Shaman runs last night. I hope to get some good data from it, as I will try to push through higher keys.

4 Likes

Lmfaoooo,

So much ReXxAr butthurt.

You’ve agreed that back in 2002, they believed a rugged, melee survivalist fell in to the category of what an animal-befriending, beast-hunting, beast master could be. You also state Rexxar’s was a direct inspiration for a lot of the Hunter class. Since you irrationally hate Rexxar so much, let’s talk about a different character: Arthas.

Do you agree that the entirety of Death Knight class was inspired by Arthas as was shown in WC3, before DKs existed? Do you also agree that the Frost and Unholy specializations were both specifically made to mirror different parts of the specific fantasies he invoked, beyond just the class?

4 Likes

Did you eat a lot of paint chips recently? I swear your posts are devolving into autistic territory. You alright bro?

5 Likes

I’m going to give it a try rn, dunno if ‘Explosive Expert’ is worth the 2 point, but hey, there’s always time for some experimentation

What’s the point here? That because Death Knights were mostly based on one character Hunters must also be mostly based on Rexxar?

That wasn’t true even in Classic when we had pets and even melee weapons.

You seem to be totally incapable of imagining a Hunter class foundation beyond Rexxar and that’s what’s leading you to make stupid arguments like “suddenly and abruptly reworking Survival 12 years after the fact is good because one of the lore character inspirations for the Hunter class used melee weapons”. Beastmaster was just one part of Hunters and that’s why we have pets and a spec called Beast Mastery. Otherwise the class is mostly built around and based on ranged weapon heroes like the Huntress.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be a Bepples conversation unless he tried to strawman you at every point instead of answering basic questions like an intellectually honest person who actually cares about being right!

Pretty easy yes or no questions. Do we agree with both of the above?

2 Likes

Oh I dont care if we disagree, you are entitled to your own opinion. Its the trolling, derailing drama you bring to each thread.

nice dodge, kinda like a survival hunter

lmfao I was literally laughing at this before I saw you also comment it

2 Likes