How is Rogue survivability at 70?

I’m looking to level this toon to max level, but want to know if it’s worth it. I don’t do well with squishy classes, which is why I main fury warrior. I don’t need to be topping the meters, as long as my dps is decent and I can solo stuff without a constant fear of dying, then I’m good. I abandoned both my monk and demon hunter, because I had survivability issues with both classes, especially when compared to my warrior main.

So how is Rogue? specifically Outlaw in the end game. Also, is there a rotation bloat?

They have a lot of tools: Cloak, Evasion, Feint, Cheat Death, Crimson Vial, acrobatic strikes…

Outlaw is middle of pack.

Sub has way more survival if you take the healing shadows talent when you Shadow Dance

In high level content (like raid/dungeons) rogue is considered one of the tankiest specs in the game. This is largely off the back of feint, which is effectively a low cd 40% wall against most major mechanics. A lot of unavoidable damage in raids/m+ is classified as aoe and feint works against.

Additionally you have evasion (works on more stuff then you’d think), cloak, crimson vial and cheat death.

Outlaws pretty good, the best builds all go stealth healing/dance and you vanish quite often to proc that healing as outlaw. You also gain a bit of additional stamina (5%) over the other specs.

1 Like

If you have survival issues with monk and DH, you’re not going to like rogue.

Rogue has plenty of tools for survival. But its a bit more work than monk or DH.

3 Likes

Was thinking the same. Monk is extremely tanky and so is DH in meta. If you think those classes are squishy you will probably think the same of Rogue.

2 Likes

Survivability at pvp? pve? raid? open world content?
…Details matters!
That way You’l get more pointers for the specific your curious about :slight_smile:

Have to think quickly, no single cd is really going to save your butt 100% of the time.

-In dungeons, I am regularly the last man standing in a wipe. Funny stuff.
-No rotation bloat*, though it is a bit of a piano spec when you get going.

*compared to other specs.

edit: I guess I do have to take into account I’ve been playing a dwarf rogue since cata, and use Stoneform often.

if your willing to make like 10ish arena target macros and you can react fast then rogue has very good survival

Shadowstep kick makes you almost unjukeable
Pre-cloaking big go’s and using it offensively at the same time
Short cd stun
Short cd interrupt
Dismantle as your getting cced
If your sub or running shadow dance you can pseudo interrupt with multiple stun DRs before you even have to risk using kick
Feint and vial
Pre-evading physical stuns and abilities.
Vanishing CDs and projectiles.
Shadowstepping traps on friendly healer
Remebering vanish is a root break

All very high skill cap situations that require good knowledge and decent reaction speeds and predictiveness.

If you’re willing to play at a very high skill level then rogue has very good survival.

But if your just meh like me then feint and vial aren’t really going to keep you alive alone.

1 Like

Bro, I seriously need to use feint more often. I ALWAYS forget to use it cause I dont have enough god damn buttons for sub LOL

Varies between being the last one alive, sometimes even after the tank, and dying early because with low armor and other factors, if you don’t know a whammy is coming in time to hit feint, you can get one shot. Anyway, surviving is what is left of the fun of assassination since we are hard capped at being like third worst on overall damage. If your group understands “you can’t do damage if you’re dead,” and/or mechanics > DPS, then you’ll probably be ok in raids, and m+ up to a certain level. Caveat: different specs are different so your mileage may vary.

1 Like