How is obsidian skin for ret?

is it a good corruption or not? don’t really know how to sim the corruptions, but bloodmallet says its the worst corruption providing only a 12 dps increase which I don’t believe

That’s a 12 dps decrease :stuck_out_tongue: ie within margin of error of nothing.
Presumably just not simming but assuming the tooltip is correct (lol) it should be pretty easy to math

It’s not the best, but it’s not the worst.
I’ve been fairly unlucky with the corruption traits I’ve gotten, but Obsidian Skin logs more DPS than the gushing wounds one that I have. But both of them do add at least a couple thousand more a second. If that corruption is worth the extra DPS? I haven’t entirely made up my mind, if I got an infinite stars or echoing void piece would I cleanse one of the ones I have now? Probably.

I also have not won the corruption lottery, and I have obsidian skin at the moment. It does decent enough damage on single target fights. It’s not terribly amazing in dungeons, or as good as one would think, for non-tank specs. I’m wearing mine at the moment simply because I’ve been swimming in surging vitality and I just wanted something different. After all, not all of us can be lucky enough to walk away from every boss or loot chest with rank 3 bis corruptions:frowning:

Just wanted to point out though, take BloodMallet with a pinch of salt right now. For some reason Ret, Balance, and Prot Warrior are the only specs to not be updated on the site since the patch. Same on Herodamage. So for us it’s best to sim before taking those sites to heart, at least until they are updated.

Between a 445 obsidian skin and a 455 6% max health twilight devastion I have 150 dps difference on single target so it’s not bad to be honest

1 Like

It’s around 5% of my boss damage, it’s not bad after the buff

1 Like

How is it for ret’s in mythic + anyone know?

Not good I cleansed it.