How is Jaina alive and Rastakhan dead?

How come King Rastakhan dies after being beat down but Jaina is perfectly fine? Walking and talking like nothing had happened and treating it like a minor scratch? No, really. That doesn’t make any sense. King Rastakhan was hella strong with the backing of Loa while Jaina is just an archmage that throws ice cream in your face.

Jaina should at least be out of action for a while after being BEAT by the Horde.

57 Likes

Plot armor.

104 Likes

:point_right: :point_right:

That sounds stupid and like poor writing.

21 Likes

Because Plot.

13 Likes

Because she’s Elsa my dear, and Elsa won at the end of Frozen.

/tentacleflip

37 Likes

I mean… yeah. You’re aware of the rest of the story so far, right? lol

15 Likes

All the BFA writing falls short.

22 Likes

She probably has ilvl400 gear… he had 385.

87 Likes

It is kinda dumb. At the very least she should be stuck on a stretcher for a while.

12 Likes

It’s still more believable than the Argus stuff from Legion.

3 Likes

Blizzard has made the Horde the villains. The villains are suppose to die regretting their actions. The Alliance are the heroes, they are suppose to get away (with maybe one in critical condition for a scene or two so we can dwell on their noble sacrifice.)

Its the villain bat and Blizz is showing us how wide and deep it will hit.

30 Likes

you can always play alliance.

10 Likes

:thinking: Jaina has surely never been the villain before. Nah, she never, like, murdered blood elves in Dalaran.

31 Likes

My god someone else finally made this association!! She is freaking Elsa!! You even fight her on a frozen lake!!

8 Likes

Sorry, I’m not 12. ((Jokes))

4 Likes

Are you sure that LOA wasn’t taking advantage of him??? Most of the other LOA’s had been murdered by that point as well…

3 Likes

Defeat the Alliance and become stronger > Kill the dude you made a deal with.

Rastakhan is more than three times older than the age of death for a troll. He also sustained a serious wound recently, lost his kingly Loa, and made a deal with the Loa of Death to stave off his demise for a little while.

That deal involved giving his entire bloodline to Bwonsamdi. A bloodline that includes a powerful witch daughter who will be easier to manipulate than an old soul. And Bwonsamdi’s was already chomping at the bit to harvest Rastakhan for the land of the dead.

Conversely, Jaina recently spent an extended jaunt within the Shadowlands, wherein she was rescued not by a deal with a death god but by her mother and the Alliance champion. While that doesn’t explain her not being INJURED by the attack, she’s in her prime.

27 Likes

If you are fighting a paladin and they bubble hearth, are they dead? The answer is no. You forced Jaina to flee, that was her choice. Rastakhan made his choice as well.

Perhaps you don’t like the story, but that unfortunately does not change the story.

14 Likes

Rastakhan died once before and was brought back by the urging of Rezan, who was also slain later by Zul’s forces. The King made a blood oath with Bwonsamdi to serve the Loa of Death with his lineage.

He was always going to die.

8 Likes