How is honor calculated?

Thats my question. How is it that i don’t die, keep 3 people up while fending off 3 attackers and I get the same amount of honor as some mindless dps who has 38 deaths and is, in all probability, a bot? Can someone provide some literature on this?

LOL!! Literally. LOL.

The first question is why do you care about honor?

Fair question, and upon reflection, I have to ask myself…yea wtf do I care? Thanks for your help. I will consider this issue closed.

1 Like

honor has to be calculated on a team effort basis, individual merit would cause a lot of fairness issues.(how does a healer get honor if it is based on kills? what do you do about warriors spamming execute stealing kills from dot classes?) there’s also bonuses, it may be the dps’s first win of the day. alliance also get a bonus 50% to entice them to queue more.

2 Likes

With a slide rule.

1 Like

This is how I calculate honor:

(1) Do no PvP.

(2) Write down the number 0.

I’m not sure, but I feel ya. As someone who tends to either a: defend a flag/base or b: heal, I’ve often been curious about the lopsidedness of honor gain. Thankfully it’s one of those passive things that comes with time and isn’t a major thing.

I don’t know wtf they are doing with honor anymore. I had a friend who played a bunch of ashran on different toons last expansion and now has prestige level 150. But it’s not like it offers any good rewards and if you look at them once you get to that level you’ll drive yourself nuts.

honor and marks dont matter in wow pvp anymore they are useless.

The first win of the day will give more honor in regs and 40s. So, if you already won then its possible the guys in the next game will get more honor if it is their first win. Next, do you use your guild standards or not? You can get an additional 15% if you place it in a good spot. Just don’t die and stay in range of it. Finally, are you in range of the hks? These give 1 honor on average.

Would you care for a pamphlet?

Do you have a pamphlet? If so, then yes. If no, then can you provide any other form of literature?

In my personal opinion blizzard has it all wrong the honor levels ought to be based off of HKs not honor points. Should also be account bound. Bloodthirsty took me 2007-2013…what do u get a filthy freaking joke title, that’s it. Only 129 honor levels ATM which is just ignorant. Like to see a 500k achievement. But we all know PvPers takes it up the tail without lube

1 Like

You’re a slide rule