How is Classic rn?

If you ask people here the majority say it’s garbage.

If you ask people anywhere else they’ll say it’s amazing, warts and all.

If you log in you’ll see millions of weekly players and multiple chock-full servers.

2 Likes

Classic is lots of fun I’ve enjoyed it since launch. It takes a lot of time investment to gear up but the feeling of reward when you get there is the best.

I myself haven’t been interested in retail as it lost the WOW feeling for me. The chance of TBC in future is exciting though.

1 Like

I played launch, raided MC, and quit when BwL came out and it was a great experience.

I returned last week and picked up a benched level 48 Druid to finish off.

Things I’ve noticed.
Leveling zones are definitely less populated but still decent.
World pvp/Ganking isn’t as bad.
Boosting sales have gone through the roof.
Gold inflation has gone up quite a bit.
Pug raids are way more common.
Main cities are still crowded.

I’m worried it will be hard to find BRD groups but we will see. It seems most people just pay for level boost when they get to 50s

1 Like

classic is just like vanilla or any other multiplayer game. Your experience is enhanced with the people you play with. Find a good group and you will have a blast…if you dont…not so much

Classic is still in a great state, even in the AQ-lull/burnout phase we’re currently at (which is prime time for leveling alts/new players).

Research the realm you choose before you commit. The only “cross-realm” thing we have here is battlegrounds. As others have said, your server will entirely dictate your classic experience.

I wouldn’t recommend a pvp realm for a first-timer unless you are used to the reality of playing on one.