How is Classic rn?

Been wanting to get into Classic, maybe play it alongside retail to see which one I like more. I enjoy the more simple ideas that Classic has and all that. How is the community holding up? I definitely know it’s alive and well and all, but just in general?

1 Like

I find it fun enough to pay a sub for. Your mileage may vary.

It is still fun although aq40 is pretty awful. Most of my guild just wants naxx. If you pick the right server you can have a blast.

2 Likes

Great bored of it and picked up retail with the pre patch. Tons of fun

Leveling is still a better experience than retail imo, even after the leveling revamp. Even if you have no intention to raid or rank in classic, leveling until 40 or 50 and calling it quits is still worth it for a week or two of old school fun. After 50, leveling becomes a slog and you have to really WANT to be 60 to finish it.

End game in retail is better by a loooong shot, that should go without saying.

As for community, classic will always have a better more friendly community simply because there is no cross server stuff.

1 Like

Still liking it, taking my time, use of the ignore function is key.

3 Likes

Strongly disagree. But everyone has opinions.

4 Likes

Still fun but join a guild as soon as possible. The boosting on some servers is out of control, and your best shot at doing lower level content is with a guild.

5 Likes

its the best , retail is a phone game made for idiots

Comes down to personal preference. I for one love classic and will never touch retail again. Waiting for TBC but having a blast on the way.

3 Likes

servers are down.

1 Like

Don’t bother. You’re not going to get any where in it if you start late. Classic is a game you have to jump into from the start. Joining late just puts you at the bottom of the loot list in a probably a very, very bad guild.

In general classic is not a good game.

3 Likes

HOW IS CLASSIC RN?

My honest opinion?

It is a crap show right now.

1 Like

beep boop. :grinning:

Lmao beep boop indeed

Fun but content gets stale really quick.

If you don’t take it seriously on a PvP server it can be fun ( for me anyway )

I tried taking the game seriously and raiding but it just became too tedious, now i chill and its great.

1 Like

You can start now and find a guild to take you into all current content if you pull your weight. However, if you didn’t start at the launch of Classic, you missed the overall experience, and there’s a lot that you’ll simply be too far behind the curve to accomplish in terms of grinds; and most of Classic is grinds. You’ll get a tertiary experience at best if you join a large server now.

I would hold out hope for a fresh server start, untainted by overpopulation and botting, to start a Classic playthrough.

I mean the gear from AQ is horrendous lol. My rogue class leader and I were arguing about who was going to get AQR first. Neither of us wanted it because of how hideous it is.

Classic is all about the powerful but ugly gear. Just ask all the warriors in their pink booties.