How I would fix Elemental

Was bored at work today, so I wrote down some thoughts on how I would fix elemental. Tried to make it so changes would work in pve and pvp.

Spells made baseline:

Stormkeeper is now baseline

•      Iconic spell that is chosen 99% of the time

Icefury is now baseline

•      Gives ele single target complexity, one of the most interesting playstyles in game. Ele single target rotation gets stale without it.

Echo of the elements is now baseline

•      Iconic talent that has felt mandatory for 4 expansions

Gust of Wind baseline

•      Was one of the most fun abilities ever given to shaman. Nerf CD if mobility is an issue (lol)

Grounding totem baseline

•      Unchanged in PvP settings. PvE settings it only absorbs one spell (no raid boss mechanics). Spells that deal overwhelming damage will not be grounded.

Master of the elements baseline

•      Very fun ability that brings thought and planning into the ele rotation. Should not be a talent

Spell changes/returns:

Volcanic inferno:

•      Returned. Was a cool effect that didn’t really have any impact, but was very flavorful

Elementalist

•      Nice way to reduce fire ele cd

Totemic projection

•      Was a cool way to re-place totems. Skillful way to use capacitor and earthgrab

Stone Bulwark totem:

•      Less powerful than restorations version

Wrath of Air totem

•      3% crit to the raid. Relocates to the shaman if you move more than 30 yds from it

Lightning Shield:

•      Reduces damage taken by 5% while active

Lava surge proc chance increased by 5%

•      The nerf at the beginning of SL was just stupid

Flame shock CD removed and duration increased to 21 seconds

•      Flame shock CD is one of the things that feels worst on a shaman. Has little to no impact on PvE performance other than annoyance, and feels very punishing in PvP

Astral Shift changed to shamanistic rage

•      Speaks for itself

Talent changes:

There are a lot of talents in our current tree that have been dead for the entire expansion. Some are there that have been dead choices for several expansions. These talent changes leave the tree mostly the way it is, but incorporate some of the talents that have existed in the past.

Tier 15:

Earthen Rage

•      Leave the way it is. Nice passive option for those who choose it.

Path of flame

•      Lava burst spreads flame shock onto 1 additional target within 15 yards.

Totemic mastery

•      Return to BFA state. To meet the annoyance of having to replace these whenever you move, totems will automatically teleport to you when you move out of their 30 yd radius

Tier 25:

Frozen power

•      Frost shock also roots your target in place for 5 seconds (2 seconds pvp)

Earthgrab totem

•      Same as resto’s version

Windrush totem

•      Same as current state

Tier 30:

Ele blast

Aftershock

Echoing shock

Tier 35:

Rushing streams

•      Your healing stream totem now heals 2 targets for 15% more

Ancestral guidance

•      No changes

Natures focus

•      No changes

Tier 40:

Power of the Maelstrom

•      When you cast lava burst, you have a chance to incur Power of the Maelstrom, causing your next 3 lightning bolts to overload

Storm ele

•      No changes

Elemental fusion

•      Lava surge proc chance increased by 5%

Tier 45:

Fire Nova Totem

•      Place a fire totem that explodes for X damage after 2 seconds

Primal ele

•      No changes

Call the thunder

•      Maelstrom increased by 30 and earth shock and earth quake cost 10 less maelstrom

Tier 50:

Ascendance

•      Something needs to change here. Lava beam dmg also needs increased. This CD is so ridiculously underwhelming. Also CD should be reduced to 2 mins and duration increased to 20 seconds.

Elemental Mastery

•      Increase haste by 30% for 15 seconds. 2 min CD

Fury of the storms

•      When you use the first charge of stormkeeper, a storm elemental appears for 8 seconds and casts spells on your current target based on what you used the first charge on:

o Chain lightning: elemental casts eye of the storm
o Lightning bolt: Elemental casts empowered lightning bolts, doing more damage and generating maelstrom

I love this
Makes me cry that I don’t see it happening at all

1 Like