How have previous games (before you played WoW) influenced you into your Main class?

For me it started in a game called Urban Terror, this was a mod in Quake 3 Arena back in the day. But I ended up using sniper rifles mainly in that game. This transitioned into my first MMORPG which was Star Wars Galaxies in which I played a Rifleman/Combat Medic class. Basically the entire premise of this class was to deal damage with a gun from ranged and use the combat medic to supplement poisons to the enemies or heals to yourself or allies. This then transitioned into my first TBC Hunter in World of Warcraft.

Now I played a few games in-between these 3 (Everquest 2 etc I was a Ranger) but these three I dumped most of my gaming time into.

Back in the day I used to destroy kids in Minecraft with my diamond sword so I wanted to pick a class that swings a sword and destroys people so I played warrior and paladin in mop

1 Like

Hell yea, that makes sense. My brother back in the day took somewhat of the same path as me with gaming, but he was the melee version. He played a Teras Kasi/Fencer melee hybrid in Star Wars Galaxies, but then once he found Everquest he latched onto the Shadowknight. After we quit Everquest and moved to WoW in TBC there wasn’t a class that was like Shadowknight (DK hadn’t released yet) so he chose the only other magic melee class which was Ret Paladin.

I got pretty decent at cod back in my college days and won a few lan tourneys. I got the master achieves on all weps for a few cod games in a row. Rolling that over to wow, it’s caused me to be an alt a holic and moving on to a new class too often like its a gun loadout in cod.