How has ED held up over the years?

Wotlk classic is where it’s at rn

1 Like

Yeah that is the big issue with Shadowlands. Need a reason for people to go out in the world and it isnt there currently. Zereth Mortis has Haven which is not the best for wpvp

1 Like

It’s a pain to get there too and the content isn’t fun or rewarding. The rep takes a long time and the rewards are minimal. I occasionally goof off there during queues but I rarely see people there either. Most people AFK in Oribos rather than engaging with the game. Blizz needs to do more things to make it World of Warcraft again and not Queue of Warcraft.

Guild RP bases back in the day was awesome too. You know you could guaranteed go to Razor Hill, or Redridge, or Aerie Peak and either find members of your faction, or the other faction. You could RP or PvP.

I loved going to Aerie Peak and starting fights with Warbringer or going to Arathi where Pride of Lothar hung out a lot. Back in the day when you could do cross faction battle tag, I started an RP PVP campaign with one Battlehammer guy. We’d have a bunch of duels and both write about it. Gives the game a lot more flavor when its not faceless people behind a screen, but people you actively talk to or see in the world.

It would be cool if some of the bigger guilds or even solo players could pick some hubs and decide to defend them. We could ask people that are afking or waiting in a queue to “guard” certain spots. It’s a great way to drum up small scale pvp that can escalate if both parties want to call in the big guns.

1 Like

Yeah till prepatch drops lol, don’t bother doing classic wrath you’ll literally achieve nothing outside of wasting time.

Just focus on doing what you want on retail, it’s a content drought just like any other.

I’m having fun on it, leveling my proffs and got my DK leveled too.

I appreciate all the responses.

Ah, so because ED doesn’t share with other realms, it makes sense doesn’t it, given ED’s legacy and long-lived characters.

I haven’t yet made a character! I logged into the retail and remembered how much more modern it is versus the classic. I did play BFA but it’s a lot more considerations versus classic making a character in 30 seconds. :smile:

I think I’ve played Horde a bit more overall, but that’s usually friends pulling at me to do so. Plus spending some time with Jaina before they kill her off would be nice.

1 Like

Yep, Emerald Dream is Emerald Dream.

When these server connects were happening in Legion/late WOD, I remember our community actually celebrating this fact. Now it seems people just want to complain about things when wpvp doesn’t go their way.

1 Like

Shards are hurting us in terms of many zones that normally have people in them, being deserted.

1 Like

I myself am new to emerald dream, but I have heard grand stories of the rp and rp pvp events that happened many moons ago here on the server. I’m from MG and WRA and left due to the situations most people find them selves in on those servers. A lot of cringe things and other things that I will not share here go on overs there. That being said both of those server do have SOME nice people.

I came to ED because I heard the people were decent folk. So far I am impressed to see it on horde and alliance side. I know that there is not much rp going on, but I am an rper and I want to help the rp community here as much as I can and help bring life back to the server. I’ll scan TRP everyone once in a while through out the day to check, only a select few with actual profiles, b it hey it’s better than nothing!

Anyway I enjoy everyone here so far!

2 Likes

Like any realm, ED has SOME decent folk. Also, just like every other realm, Emerald Dream has its own set of issues. In the past those issues have ALWAYS revolved around differences in opinion on RP and PvP. Just be aware of that. Hoping DF will change that. We’ll just have to wait and see. Cheers!

1 Like

If you notice, it seems like they are pushing, more, and more, and more towards a megaserver like Star Trek Online and Champions Online. It would solve alot of issues. In terms of RP they could make an RP shard of the server that you can enter and leave, like how Guild Wars 1 had. They could also have a Warmode shard, and a Warmode RP shard too.

2 Likes

Yea at the very least, they should let you know which shard you are in and give you the ability (obv somewhat restricted and with conditions) to leave and join shards/channels on a given map/zone