How does shadowlands compare to classic?

I can’t imagine it being any better than legion. I think with their current playerbase they can’t get away with anything that goes beyond that. WoD/Legion players care about different things than Classic-wotlk players. It’s so different that it may as well be two different games.

Both retail and classic are severely threatened by each other. Imagine them taking warmode out of retail, removing xmog out of retail, adding warmode to classic, adding xmog to classic, people would lose their minds.

There are zealots on both sides that don’t really appreciate what changed and how it made retail worse.

It’s not xmog and it’s not warmode. It’s not flying either.

It’s that when you look for example at what you need to do to become good at whatever content you prefer, be it arena, battlegrounds, raids or dungeons:

1. Get cloak quest done.
  2. Get cloak to 15.
  3. Get essence quest done.
  4. Get all your important essences.
  5. Do visions weekly.
  6. Roll the right corrupted gear (or buy it with echoes which like most of the above also have to be farmed doing world quests).

By this time the player should be exhausted from doing world quests and ready to quit the game. If they stuck around this long anyway.

THAT is why retail sucks.

2 Likes

while pugging vs a premade i there was a druid with hand of rag. Not holy we didt score any kill but one of there druid ad hand of rag . WIth xmog no body care about any one gear .

Gear as no value because you have no idea if the guy in front of you is just maybe abusing scaling or he as maybe good armor.

LOOK MEAN nothing in retail. Retail si terrible

1 Like

hand of rag is druid and paladin bis because it does a lot of damage while you are out of mana. I’m not sure what your problem is. This isn’t retail where you do no melee damage unless your spec is meant to do autoattack damage. hand of rag does almost as much damage as two moonfires per swing, and you can weave moonfire into it(time it to go off right after an autoattack).

Jeez do not believe the hype when they tell you it feels more like classic. A quick glance on some beta footage shows you it has absolutely nothing to do with classic or how it feels.

Its the same hype lie they used for WoD where they told you its gonna feel like TBC.
Modern WoW is awful and it will continue to be with their design philosophies and choices.

People take for granted for how classic is an open world, with little to no portals between zones, limited to no phasing, every player is in that zone, you can see them regardless what quest they’re on, unless they’re layered.

WoD+ are all movies before video games. You are playing through a movie, every zone is Uldum. Very few quests tell you to go to another zone, even instance quests are put inside the instances now, you don’t need to take quest from one continent to do a dungeon on the other continent.

Each expansion makes the world smaller and smaller, more and more phased, to a point where i’m pretty sure a single zone could have 10+ phases depending on which part of the quest chain you’re on.

It’s not a world at all, its a series of connected instances, which are in turn a series of connected phases which are sharded.

At this moment, there are so many zones, but look at where players are concentrated, there’s so much fewer zones with players in them.

Look back at phase 2 of classic release, so much more zones were used, every player saw every other player, there is no sharding, you knew these people, and it was an actual world.

It’s a completely different game. Retail is not a “world” at all. Just a linear movie. And in shadowlands it’ll be even worse, since new players will all be in the same starting zone, and all go through the same movie sequence starting with BfA(which isn’t great).

1 Like

No one is saying that Shadowlands is comparable to classic. It’s a different game entirely.

It looks promising minus the system overload.

Classic is out. That’s where the comparison ends.

I think that epic mentality is what makes the game a head scratch now.

If you’ve been playing since Vanilla your “hero” has saved the world numerous times, you’re a general/commander of armies, savior of Azeroth, fighter for Life against Death, you’ve traveled time and beat a different time line…

In Classic to do anything truly “epic” you need to bring a head of a dragon to the capital city. That and sitting w/ your cool mount and gear is about as far as the vanity goes.

1 Like

I dunno…

Legion, BFA and SL all feel the same tbh. I think it’s just trendy to vaguely insinuate that one of the 3 is “better now”.

here a fact if your at the point were you gonna walk up to a rogue like Valinial. I think ur trying die. to respawn with mana.

No what u do is you move away will taking water sip and making sure that you can shapshift make 2 to 3 time.

Also the proc think i dont know i try maing proc crusader on unstoppable for with one of my frien d in a duel while he was not doing anything -

i fought a warrior name bigpapapags. I manage to stun him almost kill him then he killed in hafl a sec and hafter that he was always banking is intercept when i wwas opening on the mage .

Moral of the story i kinda wish more druid would just go auto atttakc so the meta switch for no alway asking me to fc when am 8 -2 in kil

Also ab is 200 time better for druid since indoor is the biggest druid weakness

I