How does Blizz feel about Server Economy Manipulation?

Hi all, and to Blizz if you read this!

How do we feel about server arbitrage where someone fills a guild bank with Legendaries (for example…all slots on all professions), and guild transfers to a server with higher prices?

I’m asking because this appears to have happened on my server. A new player entered the market after the new year, and none of his crafted legendaries in any profession, have a ‘made by’ name. His bank toon is on all day, aggressively cancel/reposting, which I know is part of the AH pvp game. I don’t take issue with this.

I do see previous posts here and on Reddit Wow, where people indicate this type of thing, if done solely for gold making, is frowned upon, and has in some cases led to a ban.

How do you feel about this? A Blizz response would be fantastic too!

There is no rule regarding manipulating the server economy that would make buying and selling items obtained legitimately against the rules. Transferring servers with a stockpile of items is not against the rules either, and is actually often recommended as how you should transfer wealth when you are running into the gold cap.

6 Likes

I would agree with Tofflemire. There aren’t any rules prohibiting people from transferring with goods to realms that may have higher prices with the intent to sell them. It is a free economy and each realm is not considered a closed and guarded system.

13 Likes

Perfectly fine.

Not for anything you described. When you hear of “Economy Exploitation” suspensions, those are generally for players who buy/sell gold or items for RL money.

Also, while Blizzard may monitor Reddit for suggestions and community discussions, it’s not the place to find honesty among players. People frequently lie on the internet.

7 Likes