How do you win this fight?

Hello all, first time here about my Monk toon, but I am stuck on a fight I cannot win no matter what I do…
The quest is called Continuing Your Training Master Cheng, and it s a fight where she does an endless Spinning Kick, and you are supposed to use Paralysis to stop her, but she is only paralyzed for a couple of seconds, and then immediately starts the spinning again. The spinning is doing too much damage, and she has no cooldown on that attack, but of course, the Blizzard clowns made Paralysis have a 45 second CD, so you can only use it once. I have tried Touch of Death / Touch of Karma, but it is not enough, as she is constantly spinning, and impossible to get down to 1 health before she beats you.
Any suggestions to win this fight would be greatly appreciated, and Thanks in advance!!

Do you have leg sweep ability yet? If so use that. If not it sounds like it may be a bug. I haven’t done those quests since Mists when I made this guy, but I remember them all being super easy if you use the ability they tell you to.

1 Like

Your eye of the tiger dot might also be breaking the incapacitate.

Yes, I have Leg Sweep, but no matter what you use to incapacitate her, she just jumps right back into the spin immediately afterwards N they all have a CD…

Nice Idea, but she kills you so quick it is hard to get a hit in…

Alright peeps, FINALLY got it…
Had to use Storm, Earth, and Fire, to keep her off me, and Leg Sweep / War Stomp / Spearhead Strike / Paralysis / Touch of Death / Touch of Karma to finish this one, but got her.
YAYY That one was TUFF though.
Anyway, Thanks to all who responded!!

2 Likes

It sucks because that quests were designed for MoP class design, for when we have a more complete tool kit and was able to with more spells at a earlier lvl.

1 Like

After a few tries, I finally beat this encounter at lvl 68.

Place a Black Ox Statue behind her, and then /bow to start the fight. Use Tiny Threat or a similar add-on to monitor her threat and you can attack her normally (her back facing to you). When she starts to spin, back off and use keg+breath of fire. She’ll eventually stop spinning and you can go at her with your regular attacks again.

It takes a little while, but I managed to kill her without even using Paralysis or having her face my direction.

On MW I ended up just rolling and kiting her while using Crackling Lightning on her rear front butt.