How do you use Grappling Hooks in the Maw?

I bought the Animated Levitating Chain from Ven’ari and while I can go ‘up’ on the grappling hooks I can’t figure out how to go ‘down’. Every time I click on the grappling hook and jump off a ledge I get pulled back up again. It’s basically like a big bungee cord. Am I doing something wrong or do these only go up?

Buy the upgrade then click them. You have to jump down afterwards, its just a “shortcut”. It’s not a bungee cord to go up and down as you please, but like the bridge for example in the river of souls to go up faster.

1 Like

wut goes up most come down.

1 Like

The only time I’ve had that happen is if I clicked the same one. They are one destination only, to go back down or wherever you jump or click a new grapple point.

If it keeps sucking you back up without you clicking anything sounds like a buggy or you have your camera angled just right so that the game thinks you are reclicking it.

1 Like

I generally use them to get to a high point I can goblin glider off of.

1 Like

You can’t click the same hook point to go back down. They are kinda one way.

1 Like

They work the same way as they did in Legion. The hook will always pull you to the anchor point.

1 Like

Thanks that might be the issue…I need to look for hooks on the ground it sounds like.

The hooks are generally up high, though there are areas you can run up to one. There’s a hook right next to the Maw portal if you want to check to see what they look like.

2 Likes

I click on them when I get close enough to use them.

I bought the Animated Levitating Chain from Ven’ari and my alt is unable to use the grapple points. Any ideas why it’s not working?