How do you uninstall retail but keep classic?

Trying to save some disk space, how do I uninstall Retail but keep Classic?

3 Likes

Just uninstall retail. Classic won’t uninstall unless you specifically choose to uninstall it.

2 Likes

I would assume they are considered different installs. So just uninstall like normal?

There is no option to uninstall just Retail. There is only the option to uninstall “World of Warcraft” which looks to uninstall BOTH.

That’s the one to install. The drop box has ‘World of Warcraft’ and ‘World of Warcraft Classic’.

1 Like

I guess worst case just uninstall both and reinstall classic only. Only takes lile 15 min to install.

I must be daft as I still don’t see the option to just uninstall retail. Any shot you could SS it for me? I must be missing something VERY obvious, haha. Many thanks

On the bnet launcher set your account as though your logging into retail.

Uninstall from there and it should just be retail.

lmao op. Go to the drop box near the bottom. Select retail from the menu. Then go up to the options menu near the top and select uninstall

5 Likes

Why don’t you just uninstall then and reinstall classic classic is like a 5 minit install

Select WoW BFA then look under the BFA logo, click options then go to Uninstall game and you only have WoW Classic installed. There you go

Under the BFA option list, it has a choice to view patch notes

WoW Classic’s option list doesn’t have that so there is a difference between the two

Thanks, hah, I finally saw that little Options button :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Np. Its def hidden. Not very obvious if your not looking for it :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Agreed, took me like 10 minutes of confusion before I gave up and found this thread haha. Selecting retail then performing the uninstall ‘does’ leave classic, and reclaimed about 80GB of diskspace :o

4 Likes

Uninstall windows. Reinstall Windows

Install WoW

Thank me later

3 Likes

It’s the Options menu that is oddly difficult to find. It is just above the first news image! Just in case, like me, you spent five minutes trying to find the damn thing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just go to where the game is installed and delete the _ retail _ folder. Mine is installed at

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\

I’m not sure uninstalling Retail will save much space.
There are 3 main directories in WoW:

The retail directory is 233 mb (about 1/4 GB)
The classic directory is 240mb (about 1/4 GB)
The Data directory is 66.6 GB.

I don’t know if it is possible to uninstall/reinstall in some way that reduces the size of Data. Maybe yes, maybe no. It depends on how Blizzard designed the file system on your disk.