How do you survive mutli pulls out questing?

Just came back, trying to play my rogue and grind out some world quest gear and stuff, I legit can’t deal with more then one, any tips?

Which spec? I find it easier with assassin rogue and using feint often. Keeps the 30% dmg reduction up. Also you do have a few different options at your disposal, blind, Kidney shot, ect. Sometimes I poison it all and kite it so I can heal off crimson vial. You don’t always have to go in like a warrior. You got options just have to be creative :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sap one
Blind another
Open on the third while being aware of your surroundings.
When $#!t hits the fan, use a Mechagon Scrap Trap and laugh.

You just have to be more methodical with your pulls and be aware of other nearby mobs. Rogues have tools for this: Sap, Blind, Evasion, Cloak of Shadows, Feint.

Once you get geared up, it gets a lot easier to deal with multiple mobs. Higher health pool and higher damage make a very noticeable difference.

1 Like

Azerite Beam op

1 Like

Outlaw double op

1 Like

Learn to use your defensive abilities, and manage energy regeneration. On Outlaw, I pop Blade Flurry and Riposte (which is a parry that does reflective damage) and then Blade Rush or Killing Spree. If you need to, you can use Adrenaline Rush, but I usually don’t. Then, you can stun one with Between the Eyes, blind one if necessary, and gouge another while you heal. Always try to Kick casters, and/or any interrupt of which you have many. You can always Vanish and run away. You can also Sap one, Blind one, and fight them one at a time. You’re a rogue, learn to be sneaky.

When you get better gear and more traits (assuming you don’t yet) you will have no problems.

I can’t remember the name, but in my aoe set I take echoing blades in the major, and the trait that heals you when you kill something. You’ll struggle to kill multiple mobs until you get more gear + more haste, once you do you’ll be fine.

As assassin i find I can get a garrote off on one, cheap shot a couple more to give me time to get my other dots rolling on them, and then crippling kite if evasion isn’t available.

If evasion is available I just evade after everything is poisoned and bleeding and watch it all melt.

If one of the enemies needs a boost I vendetta it. But at this stage out in the world it just kinda falls over when I look at it wrong. So meh.

Obviously Not in 8.3 zones, those guys are a bit more tanky. But most other zones they are like the wicked witch of the west in the shower.

1 Like

Also having the same issue. I brought my outlaw rogue out of retirement hoping to make a solid alt of him, but i’m getting absolutely smashed. i’m going to try and gear up to 430 ilvl, and if not any better putting him back on the shelf.

Always Sap and Blind. Use them.

Use defensives.

Use vanish.

Rogue 101.

If you play a rogue like a Ret or Furry Warrior? GG.

I’m not sure the level or if 120, ilvl, of the OP, but at 430, you shouldn’t have any problems whatsoever, even in 8.3 content. If doing the older wq for emissaries, I can pull basically all I can see without worry.

How do you handle adds after the pull? Lets say a sudden respawn after you unstealth and are now facing 5 mobs/

If you’re questing as outlaw, try to fish for grand melee RTB buff. It’s not necessarily the best one to roll as a 1 buff but the leech helps dramatically. It turns you into a less flashy havoc DH.

Other than that, it depends where you’re questing at under 430 ilvl.