How do you summon a non-combat pet in a macro? Is there any easy way to find icons?

My action bars are getting a bit crowded so I’m trying to double up on keys. I’ve got this one for cooking:

#showtooltip Cooking
[button:2] Lil' Ragnaros
/run if not IsModifierKeyDown() and SecureCmdOptionParse("[button:1]") then C_TradeSkillUI.OpenTradeSkill(185); end

Button 1 works fine since I copied it directly from another post. Instead of a cooking fire, I wanted to summon Lil’ Ragnaros instead because he functions as a cooking fire and that is awesome. What it is doing now is saying “[button:2] Lil’ Ragnaros”

As a secondary question, is there an easier way to find icons than scrolling through the pages of icons in the macro window? I’m looking to combine Enchanting and Disenchant, Summoning Jeeves/Mailbox, Using Garrison Heathstone/Dalaran Hearthstone and it is a bit time consuming trying to find the identical match out of the thousands (?) of various icons.

Thank you in advance.

You’re missing the /summonpet command

#showtooltip Cooking
/summonpet [button:2] Lil' Ragnaros
/run if not IsModifierKeyDown() and SecureCmdOptionParse("[button:1]") then C_TradeSkillUI.OpenTradeSkill(185); end

If you pick the ? for your icon and don’t hard code the spell for #showtooltip It’ll do the work and dynamically change the icon depending on the spell being cast. Doesn’t work for scripts mind you. Also, #show and #showtooltip accept macro conditions to determine which icon is being displayed.

But without addons there’s no way to hard set the icon other than scrolling through the list and selecting one.

2 Likes

The addon NugMiniPet will summon your favorite pet automatically for you by linking it to the movement key

1 Like

You’re missing the /summonpet command

Dear Author:

I was thinking that this new (2me) macro wouldn’t work (the first time I tried it) because of invalid grammer. (a typo.) It’s happened before. U* ; I was thinking of the word /usepet But that’s not an item it’s a pet… but i mean it’s an item in the game but uh…

U Don’t get me started.

Anyway I think I lvoe you wanna cyber?