How do you make your gold

Yeah, the amount of bought gold in the economy is quite amazing. But when Blizzard shows that they won’t ban streamers who swipe for gold, why would anyone else stop doing it. Besides, Blizzard LOVES credit card swipes. Even if the swipes aren’t for them, it shows them that people are willing to whip them out to pay real money for pixels. :laughing:

It will be interesting to see just how badly all the bought gold will affect the economy when Cataclysm drops. Not saying it will be fun for anyone who hasn’t or won’t buy gold to participate, but it will be interesting to watch.

Thanks.

I have only 5K gold between my 5 toons. But I am also a casual that uses the game for enjoyment. I have all gathering profs maxed, skinning on two toons. My main is enchanting and engineering. Other toons have all other professions at max except tailoring. So mainly sell enchants and enchanting mats. But no need to nuy most things as I can make them myself

TSM is too powerful. Every profession has profitable items. Maybe not all of them at once, but they’ll be profitable at some times and unprofitable at others. The most important thing to making profit is to avoid wasting time on it during the times it’s not profitable. populate TSM batches(groups) with one of every item that comes out of each profession with daily consumption above some acceptable minimum threshold. TSM will auto calculate how profitable each item is. It’ll also let you populate a list and only list those items with a macro. Gotta have decent consumption rate, like a specific gem cut might have an average of like 5.5 average sold per day, or maybe a food has 238 sold per day, some enchant has 19 daily sold etc.

Dunno how many times you see the newbies post their auctions, they clearly don’t use TSM because their pricing is so nonsensical, undercutting randomly 9% for no reason, manually typing in numbers slowly. Very obvious they’re making little to no profits. Sometimes they’re not just wasting their time completely, they’re losing gold. They’re posting some novelty items with like 0.14 daily average sold (one per week sold on average) and they’ve undercut by 14% for no reason; they’ve got like 120 of those suckers up for 24hrs, 1.5g deposit fee each, 180g down the drain. Others are so desperate to break even they forget to make a profit. Zero patience or something, maybe a kid from Indonesia who has a quota to hit or he’s gonna get fired. Idunno why they’re so desperate. People are just so bad at making gold, it makes it insanely easy for the few who are proficient at it.

1 Like

Not everyone wants to spend their day in front of the auction house fighting people that keep reposting. If an item doesn’t sell on the first day, I will undercut a lot I don’t have the time to deal with that nonsense.

I personally just use 3 characters with alchemy and make epic gems on them everyday which net me a decent amount done in less than 5 min each day. Made myself around 3 years of token in Wotlk with lazy stuff like that. Early on I had multiple tailors for the cloths and the glacial bag still sell for decent.

I honestly just let TSM handle the pricing (should undercut by 1 copper) and then put them back up the next day. I can’t imagine canceling posts just to repost it again to undercut the competition sounds like way to much work.

1 Like

Currently, I’m farming meat and fish. They’ve been selling really well and some of them have been going for 60-80g/stack.

Farming old content. It’s not amazing GPH but it keeps my consumes restocked and my repairs paid. Mammoths are for nerds anyway.

long gone are the days of your pal Zojiro making 5-figures (re)selling stacks of Wool Cloth.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.