How do you make friends in WoW?

Basically title. Almost every guild has been “raiding together since vanilla”, " long time irl friends" etc, they leave little room for new people/newer players to fit in.

People don’t interact with each other in dungeons or the open world, unless it’s to be toxic. :confused:

I like voice chat but I’d like to be able to still be apart of a guild that isn’t 100% voice chat, no other communication ever.

I’m a long time mmo player but haven’t played much WoW. That being said, I’ve done high-level content in other games like FFXIV, and I’m really eager to get into the raiding and m+ scene, but I’m not keen on doing it with pugs.

Any guilds willing to take in an enthusiastic, quick learner? I want to make friends above all, even if that means only heroic or normal raiding.

I’ve played mostly alliance so far, but I unlocked Nightborne and would be interested in rolling one on a horde server. I like ranged dps, and possibly healing.

I’m confident I’m a good player and an asset to any team. Please let me know if there is a place for me somewhere!

2 Likes

Hello, I am the team lead for Tunnel Vision raid team. We are an AOTC focused group on illidan horde. The guild we are a part of is one of the biggest in NA. Currently Online is made up of 7 guilds joined together by an addons called Greenwall. It’s quite active with over 7k members. My raid team in particular is looking for more DPS for Hmode. Drop us an app or add my btag if interested
BTAG: Captiva#1133
https://currentlyonline.gg/tunnelvision/

Hi Oelas! We are a newly formed horde guild Gods and Emperors on Hyjal looking to start up a raid team and build our guild. Raid times would be Friday and Saturday 8 to 11 eastern. During the rest of the week we love to chat in discord and help people level or gear up. We also are always using guild chat and inviting each other to do dungeons, pvp, mythic+ and raid. If you are interested we would love to chat with you more. My contact info is Amberlina#1096 and BabyHawk #11988 :blush:

Hi! To answer your question - Join Garage Band! We’re a casual group dedicated to having fun. Our core guild is Horde on Turalyon, and we have a community group with friends from other servers. Every community member has the ability to invite people. We get together for raids, achievements, and mythic+, etc — with events posted on both the guild and community calendar, visible to every community member. It’s really more of a network than a pod. We use Discord for voice, share messages, pictures, WoW news, chat, and music. Community chat is available in game under whichever channel you choose – sometimes it’s tricky to keep all the convos organized :). If this sounds interesting to you - pls contact me and we can talk more – here’s my btag Surynot#1476.

Hey, this was kind of our struggle when we first started up last expansion (end of Legion). A lot of people were nervous because they were so new… and then found themselves able to ease in via our discord (not voice - text). I myself (the GM) have an auditory issue (I have a hard time processing voice) so I tend to prefer hanging out over text (though, we do have a lot of folks who do hang out in voice).

We’re happy to have you on horde side - I’m always trying to get more social people involved with our team. We also have a ton of XIV players - I myself used to raid in there. DRK/PLD main represent! :smiley: I’m also really trying to get more people involved in our M+ runs. We’re kind of in a slump this expansion, so it’s tough. I’ve also been in your spot when joining a guild; it feels tough to get to fit in because everyone just hangs out with their friends. I’ve been trying my best to integrate new people in, but admittedly I don’t always get to do as much as I’d like.

My word of advice to new recruits who join: participate in our discord. Some of us are kinda raid logging right now to stave off burnout, and that’s okay. But you can wrangle people together in discord, and then everyone’s happy.

Feel free to add my discord here if you want to come hang out: Calli#4308 . Either way, good luck in your search!

Hey you write a blog! I’ve read a couple of your posts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Oelas! You’re looking for a unicorn guild. Something that’s not actually real but even in mythology is super rare. Sadly it’s the way that the gaming community has gone. Log in for raids. Log out. Or cliquey. The in between social guilds are pretty much gone. There are a few of us left though. And I just happen to have one. I’ll toss our copy paste info below and if between this and that you’re interest is piqued feel free to add me and we can chat :grinning:

Prestige WorldWide (Area52)

We are an all adult 9/9N 8/9H BOD guild, but whats more than that is we are a group of friends. We raid together, we push keys together, we take care of our weekly islands together, run old content together, and play other games together. We joke around in discord. And have fun playing the game. We openly welcome anyone that wishes to join us into this environment, including them in all we do, and need more!

Tuesday/Wednesday
9pm-12am eastern time

We’re in need of
1 Healer (Rdruid Rshaman preferred all considered)
1 Melee dps (DK DH Warrior preferred all considered)
2 Ranged dps (Mage Lock preferred all considered)

If you aren’t on that list don’t worry, our bouncers take tips, so hit up btag or discord anyway we’ll see what we can do :boom:

Btag: Sataraa#1236
Discord: Sataraa#6900

1 Like

I raid with Sataraa on my Feral Druid there guild is awesome and very friendly highly recommended for any one

1 Like

Thank you Sig :heart:

1 Like

<Alliance Lives Matter> Connected Realms- Scilla, Zuluhed, Andorhal and Ursin%

Currently 8/9M, 9/9H BoD, 8/8M Uldir [ce] , 11/11M Antorus [cutting edge]. We are #1 Alliance on our server group.

/www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/zuluhed/Alliance+Lives+Matter

Recruitment Needs for Mythic: (Transfer Required) 1 tank (no DH/bear/prot pal) , 1 priest or shaman, 1 ranged dps. 1 dps with strong tank off spec, prefer ww/bm. Potentially 1 stud melee player. Anyone talented regardless of class/spec will be considered. Do not be shy to apply even if you are not one of our high priority classes.

We also recruit normal and heroic only raiders for our normal and heroic raids. We have many awesome less hardcore players that join us for heroic and normal to learn from our mythic raiders. This is a very active and growing guild. Our raiders do not just log on to raid and than disappear.

Guild Goals: To full clear mythic BoD in a timely competitive fashion (US 250 Minimum) [COMPLETED; cut our US ranking in HALF] and all future mythic raid tiers going forward in a quick and competitive manner. We set our goals and then we do what it takes to meet them. We do meet our goals. Period. We started antorus 6 months late and burned our way through cutting edge Antorus. This IS a cutting edge raiding guild with structure and organization.

Raid Schedule
[Mythic] Thursday 8:30pm-10:30pm cst
[Mythic] Sat/Sun 3:30-7:30 pm central.
[Heroic] Tuesday is our heroic night for our mythic raiders/sales run 8:30 central to 11:00pm. This run is optional but highly recommended for gear sharing.
[Heroic] Wednesday- Open to our heroic team raiders, mythic raiders, and mythic raider alts. run 8:30 central to 11:00. This team full clears heroic easily as well.
[Normal] Friday open to anyone 8:30 central to 10:00.

We push people to get 1 heroic clear and 1 mythic 10 plus a week done. This is * required for our mythic raiders. As long as there is forging in the game people should be fishing for titanforges.

More about the guild: We do it all, we aren’t just raiders. We are extremely active guild, the most active on the server, and more active than most servers/guilds. Our people do not just log on for raids once or twice a week. Our average age range is 28-35. We enjoy PvP- arenas, rbgs, bgs, wpvp, Mythic+, achievements. We have a very laid back but like to get stuff done kind of atmosphere when it is not raid time. When it is raid time, we get focused and serious and competitive in a non toxic results oriented manner. Very active and supportive guild filled with awesome human beings. Our raiders are competitive players always striving to better themselves. Flasks and feasts and vantus runes are provided for all progression raiding. We constantly analyze logs and push for improvement. We do not settle for mediocrity in any of our members so by being a part of this guild you will become a better player and person. This is just a small taste of our guild. Please contact an officer to have any questions or concerns addressed.

If you’re interested in raiding with us or would just like to join the guild feel free to contact Nebulaphobia, our recruitment officer.

BTag: Ashe#1789

Discord: Ashie#6243

In Game: Nebulaphobia-Scilla

Hello, we are recruiting:

Lint Roll My Carpet | Horde | Mal’Ganis

We raid Saturday and Sunday, 1-3 am CST

Kawaiihealer#1404

Guild Master: Fiege
BNET: Fiege#1567

Guild : Failed at Hogger Weekday
Faction : HORDE
Raid Times/Days : Tues/ Wed 8-11est (7-10 cst)
Progress : BoD: 3/9M 9/9H; Uldir: 8/8H 3/8M
Recruitment contacts : Wrane#11253 ; Abysmn#1567 ; Coffee#1218
Needs : Holy Paladin, DPS

About Us

Failed at Hogger is a guild full of fun-loving raiders! We like to be ridiculous while raiding, but still get the job done.

We welcome any raiders who are interested in joining us for progression as well as casuals who may want to do M+. We give everyone a chance to show their stuff! If you are looking for a super hard core mythic raiding guild, you are in the wrong place. Our goal for every tier is to try and get better with each raid day. We always strive to do our best and get Cutting Edge in the process! Although we are a young guild, Cutting Edge is in the horizon! Though, if you want to raid with us you do have to carry your own weight :wink:

If this sounds good to you, please send us a message on Discord or Battle net

We also have a more casual friendly weekend raid group that is 9/9 heroic

Hi Oelas!

I have to admit, I have no earthly idea how I made friends in WoW, I mostly tripped over them (and then I went and married one…) but I think a lot of it has to do with how we’ve focused our guild on doing stuff with people we like and also finding new people to like! We’re one of those “raiding together since…” though in our case it’s just Wrath (only ten years, nbd… :upside_down_face:) but we’re not particularly insular about it, so some of my favorite people to play with right now are people who have been with us for much shorter tenure. We have several raid teams with a lot of overlap between them, so we’ve been able to avoid a lot of clique type behavior, and we spend a lot of our offline time on Slack keeping one another amused through the workday. Very few of us were RL friends before we met in wow, but many of us have met up (or are planning to - I hear rumors about a trip to vegas some of the guys are going on next month…) since, and many of my best friends in the world are people I haven’t ever met but play with every day.

We’re Aegis, an alliance guild on Galakrond, and we’d love to meet you!

You can check out more about us either on our website aegis-galakrond.guildlaunch.com or by reading my spiel on our raider io page https://raider.io/guilds/us/galakrond/Aegis or just by reaching out to me at your convenience - btag Simsarah#1655 or discord Simsarah#2087

Good luck in the guild hunt, glad you decided to play some wow!

Added a couple of you to chat!

Hey Oelas!

I’m the GM of a small guild on Dalaran called <Helheim’s Kitchen>. We’re small, rocking a roster of about 50 players, not alts including, but we enjoy running high m+ and most of us have achieved AOTC on our own. Our main goal from the beginning was to be able to take some difficult content and smash it with friends. We’re exceptional at our classes, knowledgeable, but still lighthearted and fun. We have a Discord, but most of the time we’re just talking in gchat.

As a GM, my biggest goal is to facilitate an environment that makes people excited to log on and do stuff with their friends. If this interests you at all, I’d love to chat! You can find me at KingTonk#1499 on bnet and Brixion#8908 on Discord.

Simple. You don’t. Current WoW is a single player game lol.

Hey Oelas,

I am a former FFXIV player myself, in fact I came back last year and a few of our friends and I started Limit Break on US-Lightbringer. We are a great community welcome to anyone who wants to join. Laid back easy going. Active Discord (text and voice), weekly events, whole 9 yards.

As someone who hates PUGs I hate to see someone left in the dust and forced into that hell where few return.

If any of that interests you hit me up at Aya#11373 and see if we are the right fit for you.

More than welcome to hop in on illidan. We’ll get you involved in content!

Just / who administrators and ask for an invite!

Hi Oelas! We might be what you’re looking for

Beach Justice
Server : Andorhal/Scilla/Ursin/Zuluhed
Faction : Alliance

Current Progression : BoD: 9/9H; 3/9M
Raid Schedule : Tuesday/Thursday 9:00p-12:00 EST
Monday (9:00p-12:00 EST) – Alt Run
Wednesday/Sunday (9:00p-12:00 EST) –RBGS Team/Arenas
Mythic+ Guild Groups run throughout the week

Why the Beach?
First and foremost, we’re not just a guild, we’re family. We’re a current content progression raiding guild focused primarily on clearing content (while having fun) and furthering our progression into Mythic BoD. We consider ourselves serious/casual as we’re a guild of friends/raiders who have come to terms with the fact that we actually have lives outside the game but an addiction to slaying pixels.

What we’re looking for:
Needs: Mage, Rogue, Druid (dps), Priest (dps), Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Shaman (dps)
Requirements: Voice Chat: Discord; Addons: DBM, Angry Assignments

If interested contact: Syngent#1846 or Footos#1997