How do you kill that which has no life? Apparently it's COVID

This is not easy for me to say. I’m not trying to get a laugh. I’m posting this in the spirit of how the news was brought to my attention.

Idk who knew him her personally, but MANY people in WoW knew Jarod Nandin, the guy who cosplayed as the “guy with no life” from the WoW episode of South Park.

Jarod made an announcement similar to my thread title on his Facebook page about having contracted COVID. He kept his friends updated and was always positive and uplifting.

Unfortunately, we got the news today that he didn’t make it. He was in the hospital for over a week, and he was loving FB voice messages we’d send him (I sent him like 10), and we kept him loved.

He inspired me to cosplay as Jaina, and the first day I walked into the entrance of the convention center, he saw right through my Jaina cosplay that was a guy, and yelled “That’s Awesome!!!” over the people that were surrounding him for pictures in that lobby area. We became friends since then.

I don’t know his guild but I think he was Nwbzpwnr in WoW on an Alliance Warrior. Our mutual friend is going to let his guild know later tonight.

As Jarod was a part of the WoW, Blizzard, & BlizzCon communities, he was known by millions. His cosplay of the South Park character is how many found him. I would like to see a male Kultiran in Oribos with similar clothes, similar hair, glasses, sitting at a desk with a computer and similar clutter.

He could be a vendor that sells useless items, except for transmog, and this could be a place Blizzard could put in items that are cosmetic only, and are cosplay/transmog related.

I don’t know the process to have this done. We have memorialized NPCs in game for famous people that may not have had anything to do with WoW (Robin Williams), and while I bawled about Robin, he was more Nintendo (Legend of Zelda). Jarod loved WoW. He loved Blizzard. Overwatch was also one of his big games.

Anyway, it sucks. If you have him on social media, say something if you’d like. He is Jarod: NWBZPWNR on his cosplay page.

52 Likes

https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/costumes-0080-full.jpg
This guy?

1 Like

Condolences to his family but he was just a person at the end of the day and is no more important than any other individual who has passed.

Spend a moment to say farewell, but then focus on your loved one and family.

I abhor people who lavish accolades on movie stars and other ilk. It diminishes the regular people who suffer and have no voice.

Sorry , not meant to offend. Like I said, all our thoughts are out to his family as I am also sure they could care less about wow and would rather have him back if given the choice.

19 Likes

Correct. That’s Jarod.

When people make me laugh, entertain me, etc, they are more than just any other individual who passed. At least to me they are.

6 Likes

That’s too bad. That costume was hilarious, he really sold it.

Yikes, dude. I’m sure you know how unnecessary of a comment this was. Next time just mute the thread without saying anything if your only intention is to be a debbie downer.

25 Likes

So your first thought is to berate someone giving a regular person a voice?

Smart.

34 Likes

Every life has value. It doesn’t matter whether they’re close to you or not.

16 Likes

Yikes, dude. If I were Blizzard, I’d give you a vacation for that.

11 Likes

I love my family more than others, sure, but I never once thought they were more valuable than other human beings.

2 Likes

There but for the grace of God go I. I saw him on video at one the conventions dressed up as the South Park character, it must have made an impression, because I remember exactly who you’re speaking of. Well that is sad news. I’m very sad that he passed away, and I’m sorry for all those who have passed away - and I give my condolences to his family and friends.

3 Likes

Please reread.

It is like looking into a mirror…

I read and understood everything you said. What I said still applies. Human beings are human beings.

3 Likes

I feel so sorry for your loved ones…

EDIT: strongly liked ones I guess…

You feel sorry for them for what? I value all human life, and so do they. When we hear about deaths at any place, we empathize.

3 Likes

https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/costumes-0080-full.jpg

7 Likes

I value the life of everyone. If people dying doesn’t bother you simply because you don’t know them, then you must lack empathy.

13 Likes

And that doesn’t bother you at all?

I know it’s Sunday, but this is too much. Someone makes a post about a dead person, and this is what they get?

8 Likes