How do you get skinning knowledge points?

can you quote where blizzard said its disabled?
i already stated in this thread it ISNT disabled for mining and herbalism… i am getting point item drops.

I think I’ve found 3. The rest of the points came from picking herbs.
I’ve only found 2 of the alchemy ones :frowning:

OP, there’s a vendor I think in City of Echoes, that sells the 10 KP skill books. Costs 565 kej I believe. I only have about half that amount but I barely spent any time in the last zone.

And your knowledge is a multiple of 3. I know this, because the only source of knowledge for gathering are treasure items you find in the world. The normal item drops from nodes/skins are disabled, because they’re a weekly source of KP.

if drops from nodes are disabled, why did I get drops? lol.
people spouting this “its disabled” but they wont give a source of this info.

Trust me they’re not. At least not for herbalism. I’ve gotten a number of knowledge points (all x1) off picking herbs.

Note: it’s possible it was hoffixed at some point during the night. I haven’t picked herbs since around 2am PST. I was just hunting rares the last few hours before logging.

The system is the same as DF.
You get a knowledge point when you gather from a new source for the first time, as well as treasures out in the world. I don’t think the weekly quests for profession knowledge are up until the full launch.

1 Like

So i did some research. in dragonflight, you had to be max level and have world quests unlocked to be able to skin these items that gave points im talking about.
so maybe its as simple as me being level 76 and havent hit cap and unlocked something, means im never getting any skinning knowledge drops.
thats probably the real solution here.
what a baffingly obtuse and annoying system.

This is my understanding as well. The one-time/use knowledge points are available (meaning first crafts and gathers, purchasable skill ups, treasures, etc), but the weekly stuff (like skill up drops) won’t come in until after the 26th.

This is to ensure that EA players don’t get a permanent profession advantage and the others can catch up.

You are absolutely incorrect. You can earn knowledge points from mining by mining special ore. Only the weekly quests were disabled.

stll dont recieve any points skinning. :confused:

1 Like

Yeah I played all day today and didn’t get one skinning point. I skinned everything. I assume they’ll turn this on after the server reset.

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are confusing the “First time gathering a specific node” points that Mining/Herbalism get with the “chance to loot bonus Chicken Nuggets, until you’ve gathered 6x small ones and 1x big one for the week” points.

Skinning doesn’t have the former, only the latter. The latter is also disabled for all professions until, presumably, profession quests and the like activate.

I’ve found 2 skinning items so far and that’s it (naturally aka without using guides).

I too remember in dragonflight getting some KP items off mobs but haven’t seen anything official saying it is disabled so no idea what’s going on.

Small Indie company and all…

As an example, with Herbalism, what I received from the from the various treasures was as follows:

Deepgrove Rose - Khaz Algar Herbalism Knowledge x 4 & Artisan’s Acuity x 20
Algari Herbalist’s Notes - Knowledge Khaz Algar Herbalism Knowledge x 3 & Artisan’s Acuity x 15
Deepgrove Roots - Khaz Algar Herbalism Knowledge x 1 & Artisan’s Acuity x 5
Deepgrove Petal - Khaz Algar Herbalism Knowledge x 1 & Artisan’s Acuity x 5

So even as a dual gatherer it seems you will slowly be able to gain some knowledge and Artisan’s Acuity even though you don’t have access to the crafting system.

i’m still getting no skinning knowledge, i use the skinning knowledge item and none appears. i have no points applied or applyable in either talent tree, and i have looted and used all skinning knowlege pickups i have found.

1 Like