How do you find roleplaying partners?

Yo! I always struggle with making connections and reaching out to people for roleplay. It’s one of the biggest reasons WoW RP has been difficult for me over the years. I can count the number of times people have approached me instead of the other way around on one hand.

So I’m kinda curious! How do you guys find people to RP with? Do you advertise that you’re looking for a partner in-game using the chat? Is there a place you go to hand out and let your TRP profile do the talking for you? Do you have a Discord server you like to use? Do you RP within a guild? If so, how do you find a guild? Do you just keep an eye out for guild adds, or use the guild browser…

Or is it something else entirely? =o

1 Like

Rpers have a way of finding each other. I guess just keep RPing and they’ll add you to a group. I’m in one of about 6 to 8. We are full. We’re not really talking about this much, ya dig?

Honestly, I got to a point where running a guild became the most effective means of finding the RP a like. By hosting it, and attracting the people that like it. It seems to keep people around for a while, and well connected with eachother.

A guild’s success hinges on providing content for its members, and on recruiting. Now, I dont know about Moonguard, but on WrA there’s a few good ways to find a suitable guild. General chat may have some adverts, your server forums of course, and any server discord. On WrA, we use the WrA-D discord.

2 Likes

Met mine somewhere else and found out they still played despite recent events.

I’m slowly getting back into role-playing and so far I just kind of RP with the guards in the main cities or towns. If someone walks up and stops, I’ll kind of do friendly emotes, like /smile and /curious.

To be honest, I’m terrified of roleplaying, so my (NE druid) character often comes across as nervous… because I’M nervous! haha…

I did join an RP guild, and I think that’s a good suggestion. (although it’s a new guild and not many people have been online).

I even went back to retail, on one of the high pop RP servers. Went to Goldshire, but no one was there.

So… yeah, I’m not entirely sure how to find RP, either. I’m not even sure what I’m looking for, lol… Excitement, I guess. …Looking for guys to flirt with, maybe. ::grins::

1 Like

I’m still looking for partners I’ve had some and have some now but I always welcome more. Would love a partner that not only does content but could possibly build and make something with my character

I prefer playing the game and just staying in character. It’s like playing a D&D with the devs being the DM running the game.

Legit, that’s what I have done in the past even before I started using the RP addons. Just Roleplayed with the NPCs as I quested and occasionally I’d come across another RPer and we’d have a little interaction.

I don’t normally walk up but someone was RPing someone who was also a half elf, which is what got me curious since I RP as a half elf. Secondly they were sitting on a crate in front of the Wyvern’s Tail carving, at the same time my character was knitting a scarf. I chose the crafting as the initial talking point. This lead to them still talking some ten hours later IRL time. That person joined my guild and our characters got together. We’re about two years later and have four pairings together now.

Another RP partner of mine is also the RP partner of my first RP partner here. The characters are admittedly in a quad.

And basically, it happened all because I was bored, lonely, and decided to walk up one time. They’ve both since also become two of my closest friends outside of the game as well.

1 Like

That’s Epic…
I cannot say that I’ve ever had an encounter in-game that has led to an IRL friendship, but have had some real friends join me in game.

It happens more than you think. I’ve made RL friends in many games that I’ve been in. Making a friend from an MMO is the phatest lewtz you will ever find!

1 Like

I am on WrA and just coming back from a long hiatus. Looking for more RP partners as well. Right now I have Mackenroy who is my human pally and 2 other Sin’doreis (Priest and Lock) so I play both! If you are down to talk characters and the logistics of making some stories long term hit me up Shay#1842