How do you do it? Priority killing

So I was fighting a healer the other day and my god, how am I supposed to kill one? I literally beat on them and they managed to get back up from 15%, it was fun, but it was a drawn out fight…now the most frustrating thing I see in BGs is that put 2 healers in the mix with just me and I am dead, they just circle jerk heal each other and I cannot even get one past 80% health.

Is that just an immediate loss or is there some way to kill them? I did everything I could to interrupt them, Mind Freeze, Strangulate, Asphyxiate, DGx2, Absolute Zero…nothing…Frost DK.

I’m confused why you are trying to defeat two healers by yourself. Generally, a single dps can’t kill a competent healer unless that healer goes oom. Killing them is a team effort and that’s why there is a larger dps to healer ratio. It’s usually better to CC them and kill their dps first but that is often not an option with how uncoordinated people are in randoms.

That said, the 2 healers aren’t going to have a fun time fighting you either in this weird scenario. They’d likely struggle to kill you and prefer to have their dps get rid of you. So, if you are somehow keeping those healers away from their team by yourself you are contributing a lot.

5 Likes

I don’t fo out of my way to put myself into those situations, they just tend to find me often and it’s so frustrating to watch me just slowly die.

The trick against good healers is usually CC healers and kill DPS. If someone dips below 70% health, throw CC at the healer and start blowing big offensive cooldowns on the DPS.
If you do find yourself in a situation where you’re 1v2ing healers, that’s kind of a big win for you. Even if you never kill them, you are preventing them from healing their team.

The trick against great healers is that you’re gonna be there until they oom. Don’t let them drink or grab leaf.

4 Likes

close your eyes then

1 Like

This. Instead of being annoyed that you can’t 1v2 two healers, realize that tying up 2 healers by yourself is better than killing 1 healer.

Sometimes it’s better to keep players alive when they’re caught in a bad spot

1 Like

Just go fat pirate and haymaker them into the void.

3 Likes

This.
Or if you don’t want to be a huge man, as a DK you can just grip them near a ledge and pest fogger them off a cliff, or sticky warp grenade (assuming you’re not in rated or blitz)

1 Like

Finally fell victim to haymaker last weekend. That’s the last time I stand next to what appears to be a peaceful Kul Tiran druid standing on a rock…

1 Like

if you’re ever down numbers in a single fight you’re winning the map through attrition. The longer people fight in the wrong spots the longer you can assume the opposing team is fighting in the right ones.

If you catch two healers as a lock pull out your succ, throw some fears, keep exhaustion up and just delay their movement on the map.

With gateway and port you can dip when a dps comes over to peel for them. If someone comes over to help you kill, dip on the fight there’s now 2 people on each side wasting their time fighting, unless its something like a gamewinning point on silvershard, and even then cc out of circle > kill.

1 Like

The problem with that is that they come back with full mana and with their team.

One dps ain’t meant to be able to solo one healer much less two of them. I don’t like it either, but that’s just how things are atm. That said, you’re occupying the time of two healers, and that means they aren’t healing their dps.

I strongly encourage you to make healers’ lives as miserable as possible by burning their time away. If I know an enemy healer has died, I just go to their gy and wait and don’t let them play. Soon as they rez, I single them out and CC them and keep them in combat away from their team. You have better options because you can grip them into a corner of the map and be friends forever.

2 Likes