How do you all make gold?

youre less frugal with your gold than me then. i started this xpack with 1mil and im now down to 250k and starting to get nervous about it lol

The expansion is fairly cheap if you not pushing for max ilvls

Got a lariat and most other crafted pieces for 2k gold or less each (10 gold crafting fee for public order and 1990 or less in mats) bought all my enchants for 2k total (rank 2s)

If someone can craft an item they usually have enough ranks to 3 star or better which is plenty for pretty much all content its like 6 or so ilvls behind for 1 slot (which is just 0.5 ilvl overall).

If you want everything top of the line you will pay a premium, if you just want gear up causally take your time get 2 star stuff super cheap instead of paying 3-5 x as much for a 3 star version.

Overall between 2 characters I spent 50k on leveling professions (a waste as 2 star stuff is below cost on the AH) and around 20k on gearing them with various pieces. I make more than that doing heroics as a tank or heals and selling the augment runes.

1 Like

this expansion has zero content so i decided to start mining/herbing around new years…i made 3mil gold gathering a few hours everyday over 2 weeks

and then the bots came and crashed the markets so i stopped, im happy with 3 mil…should last me a while…ive never had over like 500k in all my time of playing wow

if gathering next expac is anything like DF was, dont skip out on it if u want easy gold with minimal thought. new patches in DF might be good too but that remains to be seen

1 Like

i’ll just buy tokens if i need gold at this point. nothing else is worth the time it takes to do it.

2 Likes

Do your world quests along with zone and side quest’s and loot everything vendor greys etc and what you can’t use sell to vendor or if valuable sell on AH. Just doing world quests gets anywhere from 7 to 12 k each time heck doing what I do daily earns up to 12 k sometimes more daily that’s on one toon.

Double gathering is extremely lucrative this expansion.

1 Like

In for answers as well…

As far as I know they removed all “solo-casual” sources of gold (Callings, weekly quests, mission tables, etc) - leaving high-end/maxed-out professions pretty much the only way to make decent gold

Bad design imo, casuals are still the largest % of the playerbase. Them deliberately drying up the easy gold sources seems like a veiled way to promote more WoW token sales

3 Likes

Dragon races replaced the mission table as a solo gold farm

Augment runes are going at nearly 3k each so a single normal/heroic dungeon can net you 9k gold

Play the AH for 30 minutes a day and you’ll make more gold than you will ever need. I currently control several markets and have people paying almost twice the market value.

I flip items when I see an expensive item for cheap. My normal means though is just gathering random herbs while I’m out in the world. I make most of my gold that way and I comfortably sit around 400k.

I don’t do anything to make gold except just play the game.

But I also don’t really spend anything.

1 Like

I’ve made over 1 million so far in DF.

Skinning while doing lunkers was very lucrative, this also brought in a lot of coins to trade for bags which can contain recipes.

Tackle boxes also great little earner, lots of junk that sells in the hundreds once accumulated- a 15 minute circuit nets me over 2K in raw gold - main and each each alt.

Dragon Racing - 500+G per

Questing, brings in a suprising amount.

I’m a double gather on all toons but one - they are levelling engineering for a fishing pole because my main looted the recipe out of a Swog Bag.

I’m no Goblin, by any means but I’ve made more than enough to pay my monthly sub for quite some time.

I do want to add though that I’m not a raider, or a PVPer or a M+ player and I do enjoy farming mats etc, always have, it’s part of my fun in MY WoW and it pays for my fun at the same time.

I’ve not done any older content yet, but that is often lucrative for a while.

i don’t really spend gold since i dont have patience for raids like i did in my teens back in the tbc/wotlk days

The only real way to make gold is to smash two neutron stars together. There are many ways to find gold but that’s the only way to create it from scratch.

2 Likes

So, I’ve been doing a few things to farm raw gold.

1. Dragonriding world quests w. all my 60+ chars. Steady weekly income but I am disappointed that you don’t get to do these at least twice a week or at least the gold reward should scale based on your medal.

2. Keeping an eye out for the tank bag in heroic dungeons. I can turbo tank a heroic in like 10 minutes on my warrior and the augment runes sell for a good amount.

3. Old raid transmog. I make sure not to vendor any BOEs and check to see what they go for on the AH. I got a pair of cloth boe boots from BRF or HFC last week and to my surprise someone bought them for 100k.

4. Leystone Ore. Still sells surprisingly well, Legion timewalking is a good way to get a bunch if you have no use for your TW badges by buying the crates of ore from the TW Vendor. If you have alts, get the 500 badge quest done and buy the crates of ore.

With all those combined I’ve been making enough gold that I am comfortable, and this is coming from someone who has to pay for their sub with gold right now.

1 Like

you can do quests i guess. ‘without the AH’ is a big limitation. “gold” doesnt materialize out of thin air in big ammounts.

That’s why I’m asking because I could just double gather and sell everything but I also want to craft my own consumables and I’m not sure that’s going to be worth doing with how much I’m being gated by the rousing elements. They dig into my money so much and I never get enough of them.

The cost of vials alone for say, potions and phials makes it not worth it. Unless you get some multicrafts and farm your own herbs, but that’s a bunch of time spent for that and not just selling the raw herbs.

1 Like

double gathering is hard with the current mount mechanic i bet…

sneaky sneaky, Blizzard.

also, ore and fish prices are about zero by now. i dont know herbs.

the gathering profit window is almost gone.

Its not too bad honestly, but the amount of time you have to invest vs the amount of gold you make, especially with prices dropping every day, not worth it IMO.