How do people find a guild in WoW these days?

trade chat spam always have some recruiting on big servers

1 Like

Run content that requires chatting with people. Generally this means raids that have discord, assuming you want to raid. Otherwise, yeah, its not like the old days where you could just fall into one of many guilds.

Personally, I’ve been in my own guild (which is just so dammed convenient) for a few years now; since the end of Legion. Communities and a decent friend’s list provide me everything I used to need from a guild.

1 Like

Definitely agree with previous posters that suggested trying your realm forums. Depending on your server size they can be a great place to look at guilds specifically from your server.

I think something that people overlook a lot is to sit down and really think about what you want out of a guild and out of the game. Do you just want a place to socialize? Or do you want some form of organized dungeon/raid team? Etc. People will just join the first guild from trade chat and then wonder why they’re not happy with it. And I’m guilty of this myself sometimes.

1 Like

No clue, I been in the same one since Wotlk.

1 Like

Well this is exactly why I was trying to avoid using open chat channels or even just open ended forum posts. I know what type of guild I’m looking for but if I do that my options are based off of who happens to see my message (if anyone) or who happens to be online or in that zone at that moment. None of these is a great way to find the type of guild you are looking for IMO unless you just get lucky.

That’s why I was trying to find a list of active guilds somewhere so I could narrow it down by guild type or description first and then talk to the ones that seemed like a fit. Doesn’t seem like this is a reality anymore. At least not on my realm. I’m guessing on more populated realms it might be.

1 Like

Definitely try your realm forums mate. Make a post with what you’re looking for in a guild, if someone responds, great! Just make sure to take the time to talk to them about the guild, ask any questions you may have and so on so that you’re sure that they’re a good fit for what you’re hoping to accomplish.

There are great guilds out there, I’ve been in a couple myself where I’ve made friends I still play games with today. It just takes time to find the fit that’s right for you. Rome wasn’t built in a day, especially with the end of expansion lull in activity.

1 Like

It’s the last few weeks before a new expansion drops. People are stepping away and taking a break. Lots of people are playing fewer hours right now. Once pre-patch comes, populations will go back up. It’s just a really slow time right now.

1 Like

Yes, your realm (Uther) seems to be one of those realms with rather low population so it’s expected that people are telling you that their guild/realm is dead & things are on the slower side.

That being said - there’s a guild on my server with 900+ “active” members, but they’re more like a come-one-come-all guild and they don’t do any organized anything together. Players who find them boring eventually leave, but they just constantly manage to fill back up by inviting anybody that’s guildless, rinse and repeat.

On the other hand, there’s this guild with barely 300 members, but they have decent Mythic raid progression.

My point is that the numbers of “active” players shown on the guild finder isn’t much of an indication how active the guild really is.

As for invites - There are 6 new applicants in my guild’s list for today & I am in a position who can actually “invite” new applicants, but I just leave it up to the GM whether he wants to invite them or not, and I usually don’t even touch it.

A guild can have 800+ “active” members / 20+ people online / actually are an active guild / what have you, but the invites don’t happen unless that one or two person clicks on “invite” regardless.

Again, if the GM / Officers all clicked on “invite” without a care, the guild roster is going to reach cap before you know it, and can fall into the hole of becoming a cesspool guild - most of us don’t want that.

I also would like to point out that doing /who does not show players as online when they are afk, or if they are running Visions.

I know this for a fact because I have these people on my Btag and also am in the same guild showing them as online in the roster list but their names do not show up when you search in /who with the guild name.

1 Like