How do people afford ZG and boost runs in general?

There are a few options.

1. Buy a wow token, trade retail gold for classic gold.
  2. Make a stream and have people boost you.
  3. Borrow gold from a rich friend.
  4. Boost others in rfc/sfk etc.
  5. Play the auction house.
  6. Do anything that gets you gold.
  7. Get an out-of-group healer, kill elites, often better xp than a boost.
  8. Do anything else.

In the end, you may as well just play, the people who get boosted are typically spending that time they saved learning the game anyway, and often never do and stay keyboard turning backpeddlers with no keybinds forever.

A lot of the time RFC is offered free if someone’s boosting a friend or guildie. It’s only used for 4-5 levels until SFK. If people are selling it’s 1-2g a run.

Yeah stocks is amazing lol.

Don’t need to leave the city and it’s a 15 level range for boosting people.

And it’s 15 gold for 5 runs per person.

Make 60g in 40 minutes.

Become a raid leader or a gm and reserve BOE’s

I could run solo Dire Maul North for one hour, AH the potions and vendor everything else, and it would fund about three hours worth of SM or Mara boosts. I’ve never done ZG boosts but I imagine it would fund about 90+ minutes of that, which is nice considering it would give both experience and reputation.

You could link gold buying to any economic activity within the game itself. BUT that doesn’t mean gold buying itself is the cause of boosting.

1 Like

We should raise awareness that gold buying is linked to flasks too. And speed running. And epic mounts…

1 Like

Often it’s free. It’s not about making money but I’ve seen people charge 1 or 2 gold for boosts. I run them for free while boosting my alts, just to add some bodies.

If I wanted to make money I just go boost SM.

I used to do SM a lot. Made thousands there. Issue for me is this is my main and I hate having to Respec each week 2 times lol.

Now I just do stocks, no need to Respec and I can run it whenever I’m bored.

And it’s still 60g in 40 minutes.

I don’t raid because classic raiding is boring for me; I’d rather be doing sometihng else. My mage is mostly to make money to support twinking alts. I’m waiting for BC to get here.

1 Like

That’s all I’m playing classic for is a pit stop for TBC. I don’t care much about classic, but I’m gonna make 40k gold to bring into TBC hopefully.

I’m going for Gladiator in TBC with this mage.

Generally with their credit card.

2 Likes

You are also a retail character. What level are you in Classic? Or do you even play Classic? Is this just a retail troll?

It’s silly to pretend that only level-60s can make gold in Classic WoW. That’s simply false. Gold-making is easier at 60 than at 40. But gold-making is easier at 35 than 20.

You guys are hilarious. “Everyone who has more gold than me must have bought it”.

The vast majority of people getting boosted did not buy gold. Some did. So what? Some people flyhack in dungeons. Some people mass report in battlegrouns. Some people buy gold to get boosted. The vast majority doesn’t.

You hate boosting for one reason or another and you try to paint the boostees as goldbuyers to undermine the practice. That is not very nice of you, to say the least.

I ask you this: do you have an epic mount? That mount costs 800G. Did you buy gold for it? No? Getting boosted to 60 costs less than 1600G. Two epic mounts. And note that gold now is more inflated than when you bought your mount.

A regular player can easily farm 1600G in less than 1 day played without any gold buying or shady activities. Most players decide that this is a better alternative than spending 4 days + played time to level an alt.

3 Likes

pretty simple, they buy gold from the zg boosters what take their gold and who sell their gold to gold selling websites

1 Like

In all seriousness, join a guild, and if that guild won’t help you out, join a better guild. We have one stellar individual in mine who is a pro at running lowbies through low dungeons. He’s kind of a drill sergeant so don’t break protocol, but he’s efficient and gets it done. And all you ever have to do is ask, sometimes I log in and he invites me right away and we do a few runs with 3 others from the guild. No questions asked, and he’s been very forgiving of my screw ups even if he gives me a little guff for them.

It can get a bit silly with the “stand here, okay now stand here” meta but it’s good xp, good drops, and honestly good times. Those of us waiting while he nukes get up to all kinds of conversation. And when that guy or a few similar aren’t around, it’s not the hardest thing in the world to find an actual group in my guild of appropriately leveled people. Usually one 60 ends up coming along, but we have had appropriately leveled comps.

If I didn’t have such hardcore guild support, I probably couldn’t play Classic. I just hope I can eventually repay them by helping them level their alts or something.

One word: mage

Even a lvl 45 mage can easily exrace 100g per hour from this game. It isn’t hard.

How? I have a level 44 mage (my highest character). How can I make 100g per hour at 44 (or 45 – I will level up 1 if needed)?

You’ve got to get good at the ZF zombie farm. It takes some time to learn but I have two guildies who mastered it and made great money while lvling up.

1 Like

Here you go:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classic/goldmaking-guide-the-best-ways-to-make-gold