How do I start?

I’m interested in trying out raiding in Wrath, I just am unsure how to take my first steps into it all. If there’s a guild that wouldn’t mind taking a newbie like me I’d appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You appear to be posting on a character that is level 80, human with P1 tier shoulders, so I’m guessing you’re not completely new to WoW or Wrath, but maybe just raiding.

Also, that you are Alliance on Pagle.

You’re on a big server so you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a guild. Your best bet for a guild is probably to ask on any server discords or just in server general, or run some 5 mans and around. If you just want to try a raid, just find a Naxx SR raid and hop in (The lfg bulletin board can make this easier as not everyone uses the LFG tool.) You may have some groups run you through the ringer on gscore or parses, but especially with Naxx on a server like Page you should definitely be able to find a group willing to take you, and then just like in 5 mans ask around if anyone is willing to take you on and show you the ropes.

Get on a big server. Cue for any dungeon heroic normal dungeon, do some pvp as pvp weapon might be a good starter, if you see a raid with an item hard res there is where you go. If you have gold there might be badge bracer sellers, seeing those for 400-600. There will be alot to cue for in 25days, sometimes just cue for all raids and prepare as much as you can.

Yeah I should of specified, I’m not new to WoW at all. Just new to raiding.

1 Like

It’s probably a pretty decent time to be looking for a raiding spot, since we’re nearing the end of the phase and getting ready to get into the next raid. Some guild raiding groups will be facing attrition and looking to fill.

Typically, you can decide which role/spec you’d like to play and which days/times you are available and start looking. Some guild recruitment processes are as casual as a reading a message in /Trade chat, replying and being invited to guild, then just showing up for raid time. Some will prefer to review logs and have a chat or voice comms interview, and some may even have an application form process (though, I am not sure if this is more of an older practice now. I haven’t seen it for quite some time).

As people have stated above, a server discord is a pretty good place to list your preferences in the Looking For Guild (or similar) channel. You can state what you’re looking for and hopefully find something that fits your preferences!

Be sure to watch the “[insert boss name here] 30 second guide” videos on YouTube to learn the fights. It’ll help a lot in being effective.

I think the best new person advice I could give is to ask questions of the raid team for what they want out of you. Then so long as that meshes with how you want to play read some guides for basic rotations and gear lists. Try to make yourself useful to the raid team. Bring flasks and food and potions… Learn…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.