How do I shoot with my crossbow?

I just trained for it. I have a crossbow and arrows. How do I use it? I know it’s silly but I can’t shoot it lol. Thank you.

1 Like

Crossbow in the ranged slot, arrows in the ammo slot, use the Shoot skill in your spellbook.

7 Likes

There’s different spells in the general section of your spellbook for shoot gun, shoot bow and shoot crossbow.

6 Likes

sound like you did not equip the arrows (originally said ammo) when you changed bows, so open your character screen and slide the arrows (originally said ammo) over to the slot it belongs in.

those are for auto shot, which is automatic after shooting any other shot. hunters have so many spells that they won’t fit on all the action bars, that is one you don’t need to add :slight_smile: and if he doesn’t have arrows equipped in their slot, using that button won’t make it work.

2 Likes

OP is a warrior.

3 Likes

Wow I am a sad little level 17 warrior. Thank you everyone I got it lol.

1 Like

It can be a bit confusing your first time around. Glad you got it working!

By the way, I’d personally just use a thrown weapon. For the most part a warrior only uses it to pull and with thrown weapons you don’t lose a bag slot to ammo.

Later on you’ll use a ranged weapon for the stats but really not for 30 levels or more. Use the least expensive thrown weapon to ranged pull.

4 Likes

red flag law

1 Like

The skill Shoot Crossbow in your General page on the spellbook. Basically if there is a skill you can’t find check the General page.

1 Like

oh dang, i thought that was just the toon he was posting on LOL.

Learn something new every day, didn’t know a warrior could use a cross bow, bow yeah, not cross bow.

now I got more competition for my bows :frowning: and i’m a sad hunter.

1 Like

3 easy steps

1. Open your character window and open your bags and locate the arrows

2. Click on the arrows and drag them to your character window, next to the bow on the right side, there is empty box. put your dragged arrows in there. Now your arrows are equipped with the box

3. Open your general skill window, select shoot which should have your bow icon and put that in your skill bar. Press that icon whenever you want to use the bow. Make sure you replenish the arrows.

adding something,
Step 4…if you use the different arrows say…you use cheap arrows then bought some fancy arrows that do more damage, you will need to re-equip the fancy arrows once you run out of the current arrow type. Just because you ran out of one arrow type, it doesn’t automatically equip the next arrow type. You will need to do it manually.

1 Like

Pro-tip:

You can drag ammo to your bar and click on it to equip it. This is great for quickly changing the ammo for a different situation.

1 Like

this was actually a refreshing post. few trolls, mostly helpful comments. Glad to see people helped you out.

As a warrior, you don’t have to worry about using the shoot button, you can right click at range as long as the ranged weapon and arrows are equipped and it should work just fine like that. its been a few years since I played a warrior but that’s how I remember it working when I needed to pull things.

4 Likes

Female human,
Checks out

Heheh right Mayhap. Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate all the advice.

Hit him with your crossbow, Clyde! Hit him now, Clyde! …Clyde? You guys! We lost Clyde.

Always annoying having to switch.

These are the types of threads we need for a real vanilla forums feel. Thank you, OP.

Try using this macro:

#showtooltip
/use [equipped:Crossbows] Shoot Crossbow; [equipped:Bows] Shoot Bow; [equipped:Guns] Shoot Gun; Throw

2 Likes

This is the macro I use and it works a treat! :slight_smile: Not having everything condensed down is a mild inconvenience but there have been times I’ve struggled to figure out why I wasn’t pulling.