How do I gift a server transfer with my own blizzard balance?

I have the money in the form of blizzard balance on my account, but I was to gift a realm transfer to a friend so they can play with me. Is this possible? I tried going to gift balance to someone else but it won’t let me use my own balance as payment, it wants a card or paypal.

Character services can’t be gifted unfortunately. You can buy them Blizzard Balance as a gift, but I’m not sure if you can use your own balance to gift Blizz balance to another player. You might have to use real money for it.

You can check though by going to the link below and choosing the “Gift” option and see if it lets you use your balance.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/balance

Please let us know if it does work, as it’s great info for anyone else who may be looking to do this.

1 Like

I’m afraid not, Bolmung. You cannot gift Blizzard Battle.net Balance that you have on your account and character services like Transfers or Faction Changes do not have a gift option.

You can gift your friend Battle.net Balance, but you’d have to purchase it through the shop.

2 Likes

I legit just said I did this in my post. It doesn’t let me pick my pwn balance as a payment option :<

Yeah, I read that differently, like you were trying to gift funds from your balance to their balance :wink:

Unfortunately you’d have to actually buy new balance to gift to them.

Alternatively, if you’ve got a lot of gold that you’re willing to part with, you could give your friend enough gold to buy some tokens to convert into Blizz Balance (assuming they’re in a region that allows them to do this).

4 Likes

Sorry, wasn’t trying to be rude. That IS what I was trying to do, but I was also saying that I tried it and it didn’t work. I was asking if there was another way was all.

Vrakthris can you confirm if you can EVEN pay using Balance.
And if so can you get your techs to post that with all the requirements.

I’ve been searching for this information to confirm, and it doesn’t state this anywhere.

Makes sense you should be able to, but you never know with how all the systems work.
I’m going to gift balance to someone to transfer, but wanted to confirm before gifting…

Thank you.

Vrak is not on every day, and usually not on the weekends,

This thread is quite the necro, try avoiding anything outside of a month.

You can usually buy all digital services. Gifting on the other hand may have restrictions due to local currencies, and you can only gift balance to others who use the same currency as you do.

You can not also gift your own balance, you have to purchase balance to gift using other methods, like credit card or paypal.

9 Likes

It’s right there in this very thread. No, you cannot gift balance with balance.

If by:

…you mean, “can my friend pay for a (whatever) using balance?” then the answer is “yes.”

Any product your friend chooses to buy from the store, be that a mount, pet, name change, server transfer, faction transfer, Diablo III or the Shadowlands expansion, can be paid for using Balance. The only thing that’s off-limits for balance are subscriptions, and that’s stated clearly in the terms when you try to activate a subscription.

7 Likes

this was first thread on google and now there is more info in it! :smiley:

some times rule breaking works out :open_mouth:

1 Like

Except that this thread was two years old. The information is potentially really outdated. Pushing it forward could lead to real confusion as it may not pertain to the current game.

5 Likes

Indeed. Information from 2 years ago could certainly have changed. Referencing this post in your own topic and asking if the information was still accurate might have been a better choice.

I think the new question has been answered sufficiently so I’m going to go ahead and lock this to prevent future bumps.

4 Likes