How do I get to draenor 2019

did you talk to khadgar who’s standing there with a ! above his head (may not be visible if you far out level it?)

1 Like

You guys, none of this works. I’m at the portal and all Khadgar says is we must wait until an opening arises. Is this land in Draenor completely sealed off ??

1 Like

Oh< may have missed a step?

Have you looked at the Hero’s call board, in Storwind? (Or Orgrimmer, if Horde.)

If you’ve not done the Draenor thing yet, it should be up there.

SarahGhia (1,227 – 1 · 2 ·10) on 2018/10/26 (Patch 8.0.1)If you have a boosted character and want to start the Draenor quest line you can get the starter quest from Khadgar in front of the portal in Blasted Lands (there’s a portal to Blasted Lands in the capitols), just check that you have “show low level quests” enabled.

Bkid on 2018/11/27 (Patch 8.0.1)in addition to Khadgar, you can get the quest from the Hero’s Call Board, but if you’re a boosted character you may have to accept a bunch of Hero’s Call quests before it shows up, as it can only display 3 at a time.

Xistt on 2019/03/20 (Patch 8.1.5)
Now that they removed the portals and put in the portal room, there is not a portal to Blasted Lands. I only saw three quests on the board. On boosted characters I see five, so I do not think accepting those three would make the relevant one show up. I just got a portal to Stonard.

Wyr3d (9,731 – 1 · 13 ·94) on 2016/10/28 (Patch 7.1.0)
Since the launch of Legion this quest is offered on the boards instead of the quest Iron Horde Invasion.
However, The Dark Portal will invalidate the whole questline in Blasted Lands if taken from the board. If you click on the board’s quest, it auto-accepts, meaning you’d have to abandon the quest to do the Blasted Lands questline. Instead use the portal in Cleft of Shadow, and head directly to Thrall in Blasted Lands to take the next part of the chain.

SpareSimian on 2018/03/09 (Patch 7.3.5)
In other words, take your faction’s portal to Blasted Lands, drop the quest to see Khadgar, and your faction will suddenly have several quests for you there. Complete those, return to your capital city to report to your leader, then go back to Blasted Lands, talk to Khadgar, and resume the initial invasion through the Dark Portal.

1 Like

I’m drinking some wine here so you’re gonna have to summarize that

3 Likes

Go to the keep in sw pick up the quest to beginning going to Dreanor,which would take you to the dark portal in blasted lands ,this you have to complete the instance to get Dreanor ,fellow the quest with Yreal.

Or,from what I just seen this.

Things do change over time.Also,you can ask a mage to port you to ashran .

1 Like

I waited a long time before doing Draenor. It was bugged for me. I realized I had a Garrison already and it was level 2. I needed to do the tanaan jungle scenario. So I flight path to frosted ridge to my Garrison talked to gazlo, picked up quest and then selected the table upgraded my Garrison to 3 and voljin appeared. That started the scenario for me. I was able to do dailies and get that rep needed for draenor pathfinder.

I also had issue with getting their initially on new too. I submitted ticket and the Blizz rep was very nice and cordial and explained process as outlined by a few folks already in this thread. When you ding 90 you get pop up quest or open adventure guide to select draenor. If not log out and back in should resolve. Just follow the introductory quests at that point.

If you don’t get this then I would make sure that you are subscribed to the WoD and current game expansion as previous things might have had you exclusive for time period. I would definitely talk with blizzard chat by contacting them. Give them all your details and explain when you first started game and what you are trying to do.

2 Likes

One question OP, have you bought Warlords of Dranore? If not, thats the reason you’re stuck.

1 Like

Sub comes with everything up to BFA including Legion. You don’t have to buy individual expansions anymore.

2 Likes

I accepted 20 quests from the SW hero board and nothing… I don’t mean to sound entitled here but didn’t we all pay $50 for an expansion that they’ve made near impossible to access now? Imagine a new player, has no idea he never just could get to Draenor.

Also, I have battle for Azeroth, I am complete.

It’s been a long time, I can’t remember what we had to do. Might be worth a stop by the keep to see if the King has anything.
But like others have said, a bread crumb quest should have popped up and put in your quest list as soon as you get to Stormwind.
We did go through the dark portal in the Blasted Lands to get there. Might be another spot to stop by.

I have tried everything … so basically what blizzard is saying to those who want to play, and maybe paid for Dreanor is a big middle finger.

Not sure why a level 30 warrior wants to get to draenor

Well my priest is a 600/700 archaeological EXPERT lol needs to get there for the skill man, the prestige…

Well then maybe take the portal in the portal room if your priest is level 90 or above. If your priest can’t take the portal, then go to the blasted lands and start the quest with Khadgar. If you have the quest to go there you can talk to the NPC by where the portal is and they’ll send you to the blasted lands.

It’s not working, I think long ago I abandoned the quest now he won’t speak to me

have you tried…like… opening a ticket?

I thought this was the ticket to blizzard direct hahaha

1 Like

Wowhead is a great resource :man_facepalming:

Yeah, sorry.

I posted so many different things, because I find so many different pieces of information (some which seemed conflicting.) I also don’t exactly remember how this character did it, except that I did it in Legion.

I’m pretty sure I just went around the portal and talked to someone, did a quest on the beach and the thing started. I really can’t recall, though.

It seems to have changed over time.

Did you ask a mage to port you if it is archeology you’re looking for you can train in ashran.