How do I get my old ui back

To get something close to the original UI:

1. Use esc or the ? in the lower left then click options. Go to action bars.

2. Uncheck Action Bar 3 so now you have two action bars on the bottom, two verticals on the right.

3. Then mouse over your toons name, right click and select “edit”

4. All sorts of light blue shows up. Move your characters name and friend/enemy name to the upper left where they use to be.

5. Fiddle with the bottom two rows, pet row if you have one to adjust them to where you like it to be.

6. In the Hud Edit Mode box, upper left is Layout. Click the green “New Layout” and give it a name.

7. Hit what ever “save”, “ok” or "Return to games and you should be very close to the original UI.

No, Choice and Yes, Freedom. We should have been Given 2 choices (a) New UI & (b) Old UI. Now that Is Choice & a Freedom to Choose.

7 Likes

See above for steps that will get you close to your old UI.

Thank you Nazana…

1 Like

Soulbreaker is right but it’s really pale in color. Go into edit mode and click the chat window and if you hover over the bottom right corner there is a triangle you can click on and reshape the chat window to your hearts content.

They do need to make it more obvious. Because it is hard to see once chat is clicked, and highlighted yellow.

1 Like

I got my Old UI thanks to Bartender4. Blizzard Devs Screwed people who’ve paid hundreds and thousands of dollars for a game they enjoy and they went “let’s change the UI cause it’s out dated and everyone uses add-ons to change it.” Those poor Add-on devs put in so much hard work to code those so the people that want a different look can change it. Why Force something on everyone. when there are people that don’t want it???

New UI be like:

2 Likes

How are you “screwed”? It’s easy to switch it back the way it was and you just said you have a product that did it for you. That’s two choices.

As for add on devs, if they didn’t have a contract with Activision Blizzard with an understanding of how their addons would continue to work then they broke rule one of Contract Law.

When ever you are working with anyone as two private entities, you need to have a “meeting of the minds” then you need to write it down as a contract and have everyone sign it.

Players should have been given a Choice In Game. Not have to use a 2nd party to get what they want.

As for the Add-on devs, they’ve been screwed cause of all the hard work they’ve done to make their add-ons.

Plus why would they want to work on the same add-ons for The Classic servers??

1 Like

You don’t need an add on to get very close to the old UI. Just do this:

1. Use esc or the ? in the lower left then click options. Go to action bars.

2. Uncheck Action Bar 3 so now you have two action bars on the bottom, two verticals on the right.

3. Then mouse over your toons name, right click and select “edit”

4. All sorts of light blue shows up. Move your characters name and friend/enemy name to the upper left where they use to be.

5. Fiddle with the bottom two rows, pet row if you have one to adjust them to where you like it to be.

6. In the Hud Edit Mode box, upper left is Layout. Click the green “New Layout” and give it a name.

7. Hit what ever “save”, “ok” or "Return to games and you should be very close to the original UI.

1 Like

double post that much??? I read it 27mins ago. I don’t care for this UI, I don’t care for what they’ve done. Blizzard doesn’t care what we want. FULL F’N STOP

1 Like

Well I see the same question in several places so I put the same response in several places.

So why call me out? Why not criticize the people who make the same complaint over and over and over and over. After the first complaint about how terrible the UI was couldn’t all the rest with the same complaint have just “liked” the first UI complaint?

Had that happened my solution to this problem would have just been in one place.

What exactly bothers you about it? The post you responded to creates a UI that’s very close to the old one.

1 Like

I should t have to use an add on to play the game I refuse to use add ons.

3 Likes

This was the 1st forum I posted in and it’s gonna be the last one I post in now. The UI looks Crap, The Minimap can’t Untrack everything (not like I don’t know where a repair person is, or the Inn, or Flight Masters, or Stable Masters). I only just came back to WoW after 11yrs, the UI was different, but the same, I just got used to it. I never used an add-on for my UI, WHY?? Cause it was easy, I could change to another bar and go fish or do my Farm and NOW it’s dumb. I can’t make my main bar my 2nd and click 1 button and fish. No, I am a F’n Old School Player, I even hate “awsd” to move. I don’t do change well and I’ve had to add an add-on just to be able to have it look like the old way.

2 Likes

you dont have to, but we shouldnt be forced to use the default blizzard UI if we find it disgusting and impossible to use. whats so hard about that to understand?

2 Likes

They should have left the default classic and allows people to turn this hot garbage on should they want to forcing everyone to this is going to frustrate people and keep people that are coming back from coming back because they will log in and get that hot garbage stack waiting for them

4 Likes

Make a time machine

Be constructive and stop being a troll

1 Like