How do I fly in Shadowlands?

I read that i need some renown, but im not earning any even though im doing shadowland quests that give renown. I’m confused.

My goal is unlock the Venthyr Covenant so i can earn the transmog sets.

Flying would help me get to quest locations quicker.

Thanks

You need to complete “The Last Sigil”, which is part of the Chains of Domination Storyline.

You unlock this chapter of the storyline when you’ve reached Renown 44 with your covenant.

Since you’re level 70 highly recommend grinding Torghast for renown, it goes very quickly.

Or you can buy the item in Oribos that grants you 60 Renown instantly for like 1000g.

Is this true? Meaning we can get flying immediately by just spending 1000 gold?

There is a vendor who will sell the item to give you 60 renown. You might still have to do a quest or three - or even skip them - but that should do it.

I was a lunatic who ground out pathfinder for Shadowlands when it was current so I can’t test this but I see no reason why it shouldn’t work.

Just as a note, you only get the option to skip the leveling campaign if you’ve already done it on a character. Your first time through, you need to do the full main leveling campaign before you can pick a covenant. (At which point you can start earning renown.)

I also think that you need to have had a character hit 80 renown with one of the factions before the level 60 renown token becomes available on the account. So, it won’t help the first time through.

The renown grind is pretty fast these days. Hit up Korthia as soon as the quest becomes available and do your covenant quests. (You’ll need them for the cosmetics anyhow.) So, while you won’t have flying for the first half of your renown grind, you will have it for the much more annoying Anima grind that you’ll need to purchase all of the cosmetics.

2 Likes

This is genuinely information I did not know, please be sure to take note of it @Lukalkan.

Thanks all for your replies