How do I find out zone ID?

Don’t know where else to put this question. I’m trying to make a TomTom macro and having no luck with a bit of info I’ll need:

I’m trying to find out how I find out the zone #ID of the zones in the game. Googling has been no help at all, just points me to addons that no longer exist. Is there a script I can run when in the zone to get the zone ID?

1 Like

Try /dump C_Map.GetBestMapForUnit("player"))

1 Like

It throws an error saying it expected < eof > near “)”

Whatever that means.

There’s one too many end brackets ). Remove one:

/dump C_Map.GetBestMapForUnit("player")

10 Likes

That worked! TY so much!!!

This is EXACTLY what i have been looking to find for days. thank you so much!!

Is there a chart or list of zone numbers?
Is there a function to find the zone number by name, instead of at the player target?
For example, I have a /way point, and instead of setting it by the zone name, which can be long, IU would like to set it by the ID number, to shorten macros, etc.
I found a way point with this syntax, that works, but I have no idea how to look up the numbers.
“/way #418 68.4 43.4 Nat Pagle”
It looks like your script will show me where I am, but how do I look up a number where I am not?
Thanks!
I have exhausted my searching, and your answer is the closest I have come.

There’s no in-game list of map names to ids.

You can get map ids from wow.tools eg.

1 Like

If you use the default map (no guarantees if you use Mapster or some map alternative), make this macro:

/run print("You're looking at mapID",WorldMapFrame:GetMapID())

Then navigate to the map you want the ID for and hit the macro. (If this is a one-off thing you can just copy/paste that to chat without making a macro.)

1 Like

thank you, my man. thank you.